[jasspa] Re: Syntax-hilighting for Info-Browsing and Me-Help-files

  • Detlef Groth
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 1999
      Hello,

      I implementend all the features from Steven and Jon, also the link
      `* What is Bash?:: A short description of Bash.' is now properly working.
      The best info-browser I have ever seen is ready.

      The whoole new info.emf file can be found below:

      http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/info.emf

      By the way the new me.chm (Win9x, Sorry..) file can be found at:

      http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/me99.chm

      a java-applet-based version at:
      http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/Mejava.htm

      these applets for downloading:
      http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/mejava.zip

      Both version contain a nice toc, index the me.chm also a fulltext-search and a favourites menu.

      Further the ME-docu in htm-Format is available online at:

      http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/me.htm

      Any errors, suggestions mail to me

      best regards,
      Detlef
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 15, 1999
        Thanks Detlef,

        Just picked these up and they work a treat. Very nice.
        I had a bit of a problem with the hooks, removing a
        space after the "dir" seemed to sort things out - though
        I'm not quite sure why at the moment ?? So my hook
        definitions are as follows:-

        ;To hilight the .info and also the dir file
        add-file-hook ".info dir" fhook-info ;
        Info-files
        ;To hilight all info files without the extension .info
        ;but starting with the text "This is info file..
        -2 add-file-hook "This is Info file" fhook-info

        Thanks for the .chm file - very nice. I see that
        we have a bit of a problem with the html files
        in the faq - I need to investigate this one.

        Regards
        Jon

        Detlef Groth wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I implementend all the features from Steven and Jon, also the link
        > `* What is Bash?:: A short description of Bash.' is now properly working.
        > The best info-browser I have ever seen is ready.
        >
        > The whoole new info.emf file can be found below:
        >
        > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/info.emf
        >
        > By the way the new me.chm (Win9x, Sorry..) file can be found at:
        >
        > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/me99.chm
        >
        > a java-applet-based version at:
        > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/Mejava.htm
        >
        > these applets for downloading:
        > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/mejava.zip
        >
        > Both version contain a nice toc, index the me.chm also a fulltext-search and a favourites menu.
        >
        > Further the ME-docu in htm-Format is available online at:
        >
        > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/me.htm
        >
        > Any errors, suggestions mail to me
        >
        > best regards,
        > Detlef

        > The only fruitcake at overstock.com is our manager.
        > He’s giving away a $20 coupon, plus our everyday Free Shipping.
        > Take advantage of the savings and selection now.
        > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2134

        > -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=jasspa&m=1
      • Detlef Groth
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 1999
          At 00:37 16.12.99 +0000, you wrote:
          >Thanks Detlef,
          >
          > Just picked these up and they work a treat. Very nice.
          > I had a bit of a problem with the hooks, removing a
          > space after the "dir" seemed to sort things out - though
          > I'm not quite sure why at the moment ?? So my hook
          > definitions are as follows:-
          >
          >;To hilight the .info and also the dir file
          >add-file-hook ".info dir" fhook-info ;
          >Info-files
          >;To hilight all info files without the extension .info
          >;but starting with the text "This is info file..
          >-2 add-file-hook "This is Info file" fhook-info

          As you can see in the file:

          http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/info.emf

          I deleted all this file-hook stuff (also from the me.emf) because I observed some strange behaviour with the extra space after the dir:

          add-file-hook ".info dir" fhook-info ; does not work poperly for info-files
          ; and
          add-file-hook ".info dir " fhook-info ; removed hilighting from emf-files !!?? The space ;... Oh ME...

          ; the info.emf you can pick up see above, works great with the info command and let the ; emf.files hiligted

          > Thanks for the .chm file - very nice. I see that
          > we have a bit of a problem with the html files
          > in the faq - I need to investigate this one.
          >
          >Regards
          >Jon

          In the next few weeks I will still made some small modifications at the chm-file and on the JAVA-applet (see below) to complete the INDEX and to organize the CONTENTS. However already now it is a very good tool for working and investigating ME99. Has anyone tested the java-applet with Netscape (Win or UNIX) or Opera (win the SUN-applet)? The applet-version can beeseen also online, try it out:

          http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/Mejava.htm

          <snip>

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 17, 1999
            With the new file hook definitions in place then you can now
            do the hilighting of the .info files. Replacement of
            fhook-info (in Detlefs' new info.emf) to something like:-

            0 define-macro fhook-info
            ; Force hilighting on the buffer
            !if &band .hilight.flags 0x02
            set-variable $buffer-hilight .hilight.info

            enables the hilighting. The .emf files still seem to
            retain their correct hilighting assignment.

            Detlef Groth wrote:

            > At 00:37 16.12.99 +0000, you wrote:
            > >Thanks Detlef,
            > >
            > > Just picked these up and they work a treat. Very nice.
            > > I had a bit of a problem with the hooks, removing a
            > > space after the "dir" seemed to sort things out - though
            > > I'm not quite sure why at the moment ?? So my hook
            > > definitions are as follows:-
            > >
            > >;To hilight the .info and also the dir file
            > >add-file-hook ".info dir" fhook-info ;
            > >Info-files
            > >;To hilight all info files without the extension .info
            > >;but starting with the text "This is info file..
            > >-2 add-file-hook "This is Info file" fhook-info
            >
            > As you can see in the file:
            >
            > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/info.emf
            >
            > I deleted all this file-hook stuff (also from the me.emf) because I observed some strange behaviour with the extra space after the dir:
            >
            > add-file-hook ".info dir" fhook-info ; does not work poperly for info-files
            > ; and
            > add-file-hook ".info dir " fhook-info ; removed hilighting from emf-files !!?? The space ;... Oh ME...
            >
            > ; the info.emf you can pick up see above, works great with the info command and let the ; emf.files hiligted
            >
            > > Thanks for the .chm file - very nice. I see that
            > > we have a bit of a problem with the html files
            > > in the faq - I need to investigate this one.
            > >
            > >Regards
            > >Jon
            >
            > In the next few weeks I will still made some small modifications at the chm-file and on the JAVA-applet (see below) to complete the INDEX and to organize the CONTENTS. However already now it is a very good tool for working and investigating ME99. Has anyone tested the java-applet with Netscape (Win or UNIX) or Opera (win the SUN-applet)? The applet-version can beeseen also online, try it out:
            >
            > http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/Mejava.htm
            >
            > >Detlef Groth wrote:
            > >>
            > <snip>
            >
            > >> The whoole new info.emf file can be found below:
            > >>
            > >> http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/info.emf
            > >>
            > >> By the way the new me.chm (Win9x, Sorry..) file can be found at:
            > >>
            > >> http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/me99.chm
            > >>
            > >> a java-applet-based version at:
            > >> http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/Mejava.htm
            > >>
            > >> these applets for downloading:
            > >> http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/mejava.zip
            > >>
            > >> Both version contain a nice toc, index the me.chm also a fulltext-search and a favourites menu.
            > >>
            > >> Further the ME-docu in htm-Format is available online at:
            > >>
            > >> http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/zins/597/me.htm
            > >>
            > >> Any errors, suggestions mail to me
            >
            > <snip>

            > Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
            > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1701

            > -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=jasspa&m=1

            Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green

            SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd