Re: Annoying ME feature ... ;O)

  • ricmwar
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 25, 2005
      I had this same problem with the normal Windows XP task bar. I have it
      "expanded" to include two rows of taskbar items. I had to uncheck the
      "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows" checkbox to be able to see
      the bottom-most line of certain microEmacs windows.

      It seems like there's an off-by-one problem in either microEmacs or
      Windows.

      Darn, now I can't reproduce it. Maybe I need to reboot after changing
      the taskbar properties :-).

      I'll leave it on for a while and send a screenshot if I can get it to
      happen.

      Ric

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 25, 2005
        Sabin, Bruno wrote:
        > fixed it by going to the menu help->list registry and
        > then hit the del key on "history/<platform_name>/frame-(depth|width)"

        Holy cow! Yet another feature I never knew about, but have sort of
        wanted in the past. And it's been right there in front of me. Cool.

        I love Jasspa. There are always new, fun, useful surprises.

        :-)

        -Th
      • Meino Christian Cramer
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 25, 2005
          From: "Sabin, Bruno" <bsabin@...>
          Subject: RE: [jasspa] Annoying ME feature ... ;O)
          Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:59:53 -0400

          Hi Bruno,

          ...hu? I am not haveing such an entry (I am using Linux...may be this
          is the reason?)

          Thanks for your reply and help ! :)

          keep microemacsing!
          Meino

        • Meino Christian Cramer
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 25, 2005
            From: Jon Green <jnaught@...>
            Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:47:44 +0100

            Hi Jon,

            I will try the development version...but I am using Linux.

            Predefining psoition and size will override the window placement algo
            of the window manager...and will place ME possibly over another
            window.

            But I will try both and post what happens afterwards, ok?

            Thank you for your reply!

            keep microemacsing!
            Meino

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 25, 2005
              Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
              > From: Jon Green <jnaught@...>
              > Subject: Re: [jasspa] Annoying ME feature ... ;O)
              > Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:47:44 +0100
              >
              > Hi Jon,
              >
              > I will try the development version...but I am using Linux.

              OK Sorry thought this was Windows, look at the help page for
              .Xdefaults(8) then. It also has a X-Windows geometry entry the same as
              MS-Windows.

              !# MicroEmacs.geometry: <char-width>x<char-height> {+/-}<xoffset>
              {+-}<yoffset>
              !# Set up the default screen size and position.
              !# 102x65 characters please, 30 pixels from top left
              MicroEmacs.geometry: 102x65 30 30

              Brunos notes apply about list-registry once you have set the frame size
              from ME.

              Jon.