Re: [jasspa] Annoying ME feature ... ;O)

  • Detlef Groth
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2005
      Hi,

      IceWM is a window manager for X I am using it (1.0.9) on Windows together
      with Cygwin/X and ME cooperates well here.

      regards,
      Detlef

      > Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > ME has one """annoying""" feature: It dont respect the screen size
      > > (...hopefully the correct words...) when using IceWM.
      > >
      > > IceWM has a small taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
      > >
      > > Starting for example rxvt, Emacs or any other application's window is
      > > put _above_ that taskbar.
      > >
      > > Only ME ignores this and puts itsself partly using the space under
      > > the taskbar -- and makes its own minibuffer commandline invisible.
      > >
      > > Each time I start ME I had to reposition its window before I am able
      > > to use it.
      > >
      > > Is this "feature" :) of ME configurable, did I something badly wrong
      > > or is it possible to tweak the source of ME to avoid this behaviour
      > > ???
      > >
      > > What can I do ?
      > >
      > > Thank you very much in advance for any help !
      > >
      > > Happy microemacsing!
      > > Meino
      > >

      > Hi Meino,
      >
      > I have no idea what IceWM is or what it does. I get the impression it is
      > some sort of task bar launch thing. The only help I can offer is as
      > follows ......
      >
      > Idea 1
      > ------
      > There is a 'development' version of ME which fixes problems with dual
      > heads under MS Windows and uses a slightly different alorithm for
      > determining the frame size.
      >
      > http://www.jasspa.com/development/
      >
      > Idea 2
      > ------
      > Look at the help page for me32.ini. Any entry such as:-
      >
      > ; Define startup screen size.
      > geometry=110x50+70+30
      >
      > defines the start up position in the window and size. Note that the size
      > may subsequently over-ridden with the "Store Frame Size" option of the
      > pop-up after you right click on the mode line (this stores the current
      > frame size which is restored on the next start up).
      >
      > Jon

      Dr.Detlef Groth
      Neue Scheune 5
      14548 Ferch
      Germany
    • Meino Christian Cramer
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 25, 2005
        From: "Detlef Groth" <dgroth@...>
        Subject: Re: [jasspa] Annoying ME feature ... ;O)
        Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:53:20 +0200 (MEST)

        Hi Detlef,

        YES! It is! ;) ...my version is IceWM 1.2.22

        I am using Icewm on Linux...

        Thanks for your reply!

        keep microemacsing!
        Meino