Re: [jasspa] ME under Mac OS X

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2005
      s wrote:
      > hello
      >
      > has anybbody succeeded in running ME under Mac OS X (in Terminal) and
      > entering non-Western chars (i.e. Cyrillic, Baltic, etc)?
      >
      > are there any hints / suggestions?
      >
      > would be very grateful, thank you.

      Not sure what to expect with console version. The X-Windows version should behave correctly
      (will need to install the Apple X Server found on the installation disk).

      You need to set up the keyboard (M-x user-setup) and select the required keyboard +
      language. After that then you need to determine the keys that do not work and map them in.

      Follows are some notes on the keyboard translation.

      Jon.

      -------- Previous Question ---------------

      We do have keyboard translations for Windows but have
      none for UNIX and I cannot recall there ever being
      a problem (that was reported) - You do not say what
      window manager you are using.

      Fix one key at a time, first find out what the
      key is to find out the key code and then use
      translate-key to fix it. The standard key board
      translations that we do are in the file "keyboard.emf"
      so you can use this as an example of how to
      translate a key i.e.

      translate-key "<from codes>" "<to codes>"

      If you want to get rid of a key then use

      global-bind-key void "<duff key>"

      Add the translations and global bindings
      to your <user>.emf file so they are run
      at startup. If you use a single common
      <user>.emf across all platforms then
      use the $platform variable