Going to a column

  • ricmwar
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2005
      I have a program that I use that wants to open files via MicroEMACS
      and specify an initial line and column. Is there a good solution for
      this? I'm tired of changing the source code every time I get a new
      source drop.

      If anyone's interested, I've got a 050505 version of the source that
      accepts an optional ",<col>" to the -l or + option so you can specify
      the column.

      Can I request a permanent change? There may be (read: probably is) a
      better way than how I do it, but it works fine for me.

      Ric
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 15, 2005
        ricmwar wrote:
        > I have a program that I use that wants to open files via MicroEMACS
        > and specify an initial line and column. Is there a good solution for
        > this? I'm tired of changing the source code every time I get a new
        > source drop.
        >
        > If anyone's interested, I've got a 050505 version of the source that
        > accepts an optional ",<col>" to the -l or + option so you can specify
        > the column.
        >
        > Can I request a permanent change? There may be (read: probably is) a
        > better way than how I do it, but it works fine for me.
        >
        > Ric

        Hi Ric,

        Send the source code to "support" at the jasspa com mail address or return to me and then we
        can insert it into the next release.

        You should have mentioned this before rather than getting tired of changing the code!