Re: [jasspa] Open help in new frame (window)

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 17, 2005
      Thomas Hundt wrote:
      >>I always start me with the -c option so the file is typically in my buffer list when I
      >>re-start the session. Only when I have a couple of hundred files in the buffer list I might
      >>decide to purge the buffer list and start again.
      >

      > You guys are funny. I'm going to have to try this one of these days. I
      > never have more than a few open, say pertaining to just one project, and
      > then open other unrelated things in other instances of ME. But, I see
      > where you're going, I could do the same thing but have different frames
      > open in the same instance. Hmmm.
      >
      > (The other thing I like to do is flip back and forth through the
      > buffers, using C-page-up and C-page-down which I have bound to '-1
      > next-buffer' and 'next-buffer' respectively. Having hundreds of buffers
      > open would slow down the search process.)
      >
      > BTW: What are these "internal frames" for? (Cf. the docs for
      > create-frame.) They hide the existing frame when you create one?
      > Yikes. :-)

      Internal frames are like a new window canvas which you can split up with sub windows, the
      frames are layered and you can swap between the frames. The advantage is when you swap
      frames then all of the windows of the frame are still in their original position as when you
      left it.

      Try "M-x notes" and then exit notes you will get your original window configuration back,
      the notes is displayed in a separate frame.

      Frames are still pretty new so there is not much stuff using them at the moment.

      Jon.