[jasspa] Funny mouse/jasspa behaviour.

  • fourje
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 1999
      I have a shortcut on my WIN95 desktop pointing to jasspa. When I
      double-click on it with my mouse, I get clicking and highlighting on the
      screen when I move my mouse. As soon as I do a left button click on the
      main screen, everything is allright.
      Now, if I single click on the shortcut icon, and then hit <enter. to
      execute, I do not get this behaviour.
      Does anyone have a notion on what may be the problem here??
      thanks in advance
      Dave E.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 16, 1999
        I've never seen this before.

        Have you got any other S/W running in the system that is likely to
        mess with the mouse. i.e. some virtual mouse S/W ?? If so then
        disable this and see what it does.

        Are you running on a very slow or very fast machine, or is there
        anything else special about your system ??

        I assume that this is a standard installation and your <user>.emf
        is not doing anything special ??

        fourje wrote:

        > I have a shortcut on my WIN95 desktop pointing to jasspa. When I
        > double-click on it with my mouse, I get clicking and highlighting on the
        > screen when I move my mouse. As soon as I do a left button click on the
        > main screen, everything is allright.
        > Now, if I single click on the shortcut icon, and then hit <enter. to
        > execute, I do not get this behaviour.
        > Does anyone have a notion on what may be the problem here??
        > thanks in advance
        > Dave E.

        > Sign up for Brodia's free online shopping service, you can find
        > products, locate the lowest prices, and check out with a single
        > click. Enjoy special offers valued over $1,000.
        > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2195

        > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/jasspa/?m=1

        Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green

        SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd
        The Communication Centre
        South Street
        Staines Tel: +44 (0)1784 428600 ext 644
        MIDDLESEX Fax: +44 (0)1784 428620
        TW18 4QE Email (work): jnaught@...
        England Email (home): jon@...
      • fourje
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 16, 1999
          Jon,
          I have an Asus TXP4 mainboard: Cyrix MM PR200 CPU; 64 meg; ISA sound;
          PCI Video. My <user>.emf file has some key bindings and sets a couple
          of variables.
          set-variable $mode-line "%s%r%u%k %b %l/%c - %Y/%M/%D (%e) - (%f)
          "
          set-variable $fill-mode "left"
          set-variable $fill-col 75
          global-bind-key beginning-of-line "home"
          global-bind-key end-of-line "end"
          global-bind-key beginning-of-buffer "C-home"
          global-bind-key end-of-buffer "C-end"
          global-bind-key undo "f4"

          As I previously mentioned, I only get problems if I double-click on the
          shortcut. If I single-click and then hit <ENTER>, I do not have the
          problem??
          Dave E.