[jasspa] Re: Setup Path Problems

  • Detlef Groth
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 1999
      By the way Steven has given me an other useful tip some months ago, which seems to be for me the best.

      Create something like the following batch-files:

      REM me32a.bat
      set MENAME=user1
      set MEPATH=C:/jemacs99/user;C:/jemacs99/macros;C:/Me/Mehelp
      c:\windows\command\start /max C:\jemacs99\me32.exe -c %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6

      -----
      REM me32b.bat
      set MENAME=user2
      set MEPATH=C:/jemacs99/user;C:/jemacs99/macros;C:/Me/Mehelp
      c:\windows\command\start /max C:\jemacs99\me32.exe -c %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6

      ---
      and so on. Best is for each project on which you are working a separate file.

      Remove the Me32.ini from the Windows-directory, remove the Me-statements from the autoexec.bat.

      Just run the Me-batch-files adjust user setup to your Mename. If you want to share the same macros in both profiles write at the beginning of user2.emf the command
      execute-file "user1.emf"
      you will have in each profile the same macros but a different session. Be aware that you use the same user-directory !

      I never get different profiles with the Me32.ini or the autoexec.bat working.
      May be using a special command line would be useful for avoiding use of bat-files
      like me32.exe -usera -c ...

      for invoking ME32 without history try a separare profile:

      REM me32.bat
      set MENAME=userx
      set MEPATH=C:/jemacs99/user;C:/jemacs99/macros;C:/Me/Mehelp
      c:\windows\command\start /max C:\jemacs99\me32.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6
      REM -c is removed >> no history for userx

      ---

      for invoking ME to work with the DJGPP-tools I use the following:

      REM medjgpp.bat
      set MENAME=djgpp
      set MEPATH=C:/jemacs99/dgroth;C:/jemacs99/macros;C:/Me/Mehelp
      set INFOPATH=C:/djgpp/info
      REM this sets the infopath from c:/info to the djgpp-directory
      c:\windows\command\start /max C:\jemacs99\me32.exe -c %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6

      move this file into your path and you can load each file always with me32 myfile.txt

      Regards,
      Detlef