[jasspa] Re: A-C-* and Buffer-popup

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 1999
      > However ME shows me an error message ad line
      > global-bind-key "osd-file-open" "A-C-o"
      >
      > I open the emf-file and can execute the buffer without any error and it is
      > working ! What happens ?

      A macro MUST be defined before it is used, but there are 2 ways to define a
      macro. The first and main one is using define-macro which is used when you
      execute the openfile.emf macro file.

      The other way is to 'pre-define' it using define-macro-file, this tells ME
      that the macro exists and where the definition is if its needed. This is used
      to greatly improve start-up loading times and run time memory.

      The above problem is caused by none of the above 2 mechanisms being used,
      before the first use (the global-bind-key). osd-file-open is define-macro'd in
      fileopen.emf. It is define-macro-file'd in osd.emf (and other places), it is
      not defined in me.emf or any of the other files executed at start-up. So add
      the following line to your emf file just before you first use it:

      define-macro-file fileopen osd-file-open osd-get-file

      Regards,

      any material posted to this list.