feature request: printer profiles

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2005
      I'd like to request a feature: saving of printer setups as named
      "profiles" that could be chosen by a simple pulldown menu. This is for
      when you have more than one printer available to you, and you'd like to
      be able to print to either one, without having to go through the entire
      setup process every time. (Analogous to how Windows lets you choose a
      printer in Print Setup. You don't have to uninstall and reinstall the
      whole printer driver to switch printers!)

      I don't know about you, but I've never actually worked in an environment
      where I did NOT have more than one printer available. Sometimes there
      is more than one of the same model, as a backup (because printers never
      break, right?). Often there is a color and a b/w printer available (in
      my case this is exactly the case at home: a Laserjet and a Deskjet).
      These will have different numbers of pixels and other touchy setup
      options affecting the layout and font use.

      At the moment I'm printing to my Deskjet using my very customized
      Laserjet setup, which is not optimal, but I dare not touch it because it
      was a pain to tweak it just right.

      Thanks