Re: [jasspa] Occur

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22 5:13 PM
      Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > when I do a "occur" on a -- for example -- log-file of rĀ“the
      > strace-command I get a buffer with only a few characters, which are
      > far too less to decide, what line to choose of the strace output.
      >
      > Is there a way to change this "on the fly" for strace log files --
      > and leave it untouched for others?
      >
      > Keep microemacsing and thank you very much!
      > Meino

      While I remember ...

      I find the best way of looking for errors in a log file is with hilight line:-

      1. Select the text to be searched for with the mouse and hlight it.
      2. Right click and select a color from "Hilight Line ..."

      All of the lines that match the selected text are then hilighted. Attribute different colors
      to the lines that you are searching for.

      Quick and easy!