[jasspa] Re: Me-Source: Cygwin.gmk and URL-ME and Console-ME for Win9x

  • Steven Phillips,,,
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 1999
      > Has anybody the correct cygwin.gmk ?

      The cygwin make file is for version 20.1, it does compile okay on my system,
      however it does not work. For some reason ME does not receive any key board
      input and it must be kill. So officially we be not support cygwin as a
      building platform, I included the makefile just to give anyone who did fancy
      getting it going a head start. I will correct the header comment which is
      clearly wrong.

      > I could build all versions. However the URL-version seems to have some
      > problems with links like <a href= " index.html " ... containing spaces.

      Is " index.html " legal?? Are spaces at the start and end of a href
      automatically stripped??

      > I was further surprized that the mec32.exe (Console) was loading also with
      > menus. I could not observe a different behavior to the me32.exe. Should I did
      > something wrong ?

      There should be no difference unless you use the -n command-line option, i.e.

      mec32 -n

      Steve
    • dgroth@gmx.de
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 28, 1999
        Hello, hope all of you had a nice christmas...
        The cygwin-compiled me32.exe would be goud for boxing day however...
        > > Has anybody the correct cygwin.gmk ?
        >
        > The cygwin make file is for version 20.1, it does compile okay on my system,
        > however it does not work. For some reason ME does not receive any key board
        > input and it must be kill. So officially we be not support cygwin as a
        > building platform, I included the makefile just to give anyone who did fancy
        > getting it going a head start. I will correct the header comment which is
        > clearly wrong.

        With the djgpp-package I could compile the dos-version without any
        problems but with the cygwin-gcc compiler I observed the same strange
        behaviour were no keyboard input was accepted. However if invoking me from
        the bash-window you get a working console which however can't handle the
        me-macros, but hardcoded shortcuts are working... Do you
        were using version version 2.95.1 or the new version 2.95.2 of the
        gcc-libary ? Furthermore trying to invoke the Win-Libary functions:
        with "gcc -mwindows" and
        "LIBS = -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32
        -ltermcap"
        fails.

        I also were using the promising free lccw32-compiler but I was not
        successfull. However my C knowledge is very basic so me be more
        experienced users can get it working. (see:
        http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32 )
        > > I was further surprized that the mec32.exe (Console) was loading also
        with
        > > menus. I could not observe a different behavior to the me32.exe.
        Should I did
        > > something wrong ?
        > There should be no difference unless you use the -n command-line option, i.e.
        >
        > mec32 -n
        > Steve

        with "mec32 -n" it was working. I use the console for batch processing of
        several files (ie. converting german umlauts to latex-conform commands
        prior compiling my latex-document)

        Best regards, Detlef

        Follows the modified makefile for the Cygwin-bash-ME.
        <snip>
        # -!- makefile -!-
        #
        # MicroEmacs Jasspa Distribution 1999.
        #
        # System : MicroEmacs
        # Description : Make file for Cygwin B20.1 bash-console ME
        # Created : Monday, 27 December 1999
        #
        # Last Modified : <27/12/99 23:04:07>
        #
        # Notes
        # Run "make -f cygwin.gmk" for optimised build produces ./me
        # Run "make -f cygwin.gmk med" for debug build produces ./med
        #
        # Run "make -f cygwin.gmk clean" to clean source directory
        # Run "make -f cygwin.gmk spotless" to clean source directory even more
        #
        # History
        #
        #
        # Installation Directory
        INSTDIR = c:\emacs
        INSTPROGFLAGS =
        #
        # Local Definitions
        RM = rm -f
        CC = gcc
        LD = $(CC)
        STRIP = strip
        CDEBUG = -g -Wall
        COPTIMISE = -O3 -DNDEBUG=1 -Wall
        CDEFS = -D_JASSPA_ME -D_CYGWIN -D_UNIX -I.
        LIBS = -ltermcap
        LDFLAGS =
        INSTALL = install
        #
        # Rules
        .SUFFIXES: .c .o .od

        .c.o:
        $(CC) $(COPTIMISE) $(CDEFS) -c $<

        .c.od:
        $(CC) $(CDEBUG) $(CDEFS) -o $@ -c $<
        #
        # Source files
        STDHDR = ebind.h edef.h eextrn.h efunc.h emain.h emode.h eprint.h \
        esearch.h eskeys.h estruct.h eterm.h evar.h evers.h \
        ebind.def efunc.def eprint.def evar.def efont.def emode.def eskeys.def
        STDSRC = abbrev.c basic.c bind.c buffer.c crypt.c dirlist.c display.c \
        eval.c exec.c file.c fileio.c hilight.c history.c input.c \
        isearch.c key.c line.c macro.c main.c narrow.c next.c osd.c \
        print.c random.c regex.c region.c registry.c search.c spawn.c \
        spell.c tag.c termio.c time.c undo.c window.c word.c

        PLTHDR =
        PLTSRC = unixterm.c
        #
        # Object files
        STDOBJ = $(STDSRC:.c=.o)
        PLTOBJ = $(PLTSRC:.c=.o)
        OBJ = $(STDOBJ) $(PLTOBJ)

        DSTDOBJ = $(STDSRC:.c=.od)
        DPLTOBJ = $(PLTSRC:.c=.od)
        DOBJ = $(DSTDOBJ) $(DPLTOBJ)
        #
        # Targets
        all: me

        install: me
        $(INSTALL) $(INSTPROGFLAGS) me $(INSTDIR)
        @echo "install done"

        clean:
        $(RM) me *.o *.od core

        spotless: clean