Re: Feature question/request

  • smithno999
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 5, 2005
      That looks like it will do the trick. I just have to dig out how
      to make my own.

      Thanks!!
      Norm

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 5, 2005
        smithno999 wrote:
        > That looks like it will do the trick. I just have to dig out how
        > to make my own.

        For HTML then the files to look at are:-

        html.eaf
        hkhtml.eaf

        If you are dealing with SGML then there is a

        sgml.eaf

        This really needs a hksgml.eaf. The sgml.eaf is a bit of a mess and needs to be tidied up
        and extended - it just contains the basic docbook fragments that I use.

        There is no xml.eaf/hkxml.eaf as XML can just about address anything and conform to any DTD.

        The syntax is real easy to guess at so you can probably start hacking immediately without
        reading anything. Notice that html.eaf uses a smart macro "html-insert-attrib" (defined in
        htmlutil.emf) to do some of the editing work and work out the insertion point. If I recall
        the eaf's are not reloaded automatically so you have to open a new ME session to test any
        chnages you have made.

        Jon.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005
          Changes to the eaf are not automatically reload due to performance.

          The best way to see your changes is to save the file, go to a buffer of
          the right type (html, sgml etc), right click on the tool's mode line,
          select the first option 'Refresh Tool' in the context menu that opens.

          Steve