Re: Feature question/request

  • smithno999
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4, 2005
      Thomas,

      I figured there must be a way to do it. I'll dig into that
      tonight!

      Thanks!

      Norm

      --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Hundt <thundt@s...> wrote:
      > I just put the key binding there because that's what I am using for
      this
      > particular example.
      >
      > Here's the other half of the puzzle.
      >
      > The command to read up on is "osd".
      > The default main menus are all set up on osd.emf.
      > User customizations can be put in myosd.emf (in the company dir).
      Don't

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 4, 2005
        smithno999 wrote:
        > First, let me say that I really-really like the latest Jasspa ME!
        >
        > I'd like to be able to insert HTML, actually
        > any XML, tags in a file with only one or two mouse clicks. Real
        > Emacs with the PSGML package allows you to right click and select
        > a tag to insert. TextPad has a feature called a clipbook that has
        > a window on the left side that has the tag "title", like "Paragraph".
        > You click it and "<P>$</P>" is inserted into the text with the
        > cursor on the "$". Having a drop down menu item where you can
        > specify tags to insert would work as well.
        >
        > The question is can this type of text-insert be implemented
        > in the existing ME scripting language?
        >
        > Norm

        Have you tried turning the toolbar on? This might do what you want (Steve is probably better
        at answering this one than myself as I only use the keyboard).

        To turn the toolbar on then enter "Help" -> "User Setup" (or M-x user-setup) -> "Platform"
        -> "Enable Toolbar". Then "Save" and "Current" to store the setting and make it so.

        You should then get a toolbar to the left.

        Right click on the bottom of toolbar window and "Add Tool (page)" and add the following (if
        they do not appear then they are already added):-

        Buffer Abbreviations
        Buffer Tools.

        Left/Right arrows on the tool bar mode line allows you to swap between the tool windows.

        Selecting an item inserts it at the current cursor position.

        Give it a go, if you do not like it then you can turn it off by disabling the toolbar from
        the User Setup - much the same way as you enabled.

        *Note* when the toolbar is enabled then you probably want to change the size of the frame
        when ME starts. Re-size the window to what you want then right click on the mode line and
        select "Store Frame Size". Next time you start up ME then the window will be this size.

        Hope that helps.
        Jon.
      • smithno999
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 5, 2005
          That looks like it will do the trick. I just have to dig out how
          to make my own.

          Thanks!!
          Norm

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2005
            smithno999 wrote:
            > That looks like it will do the trick. I just have to dig out how
            > to make my own.

            For HTML then the files to look at are:-

            html.eaf
            hkhtml.eaf

            If you are dealing with SGML then there is a

            sgml.eaf

            This really needs a hksgml.eaf. The sgml.eaf is a bit of a mess and needs to be tidied up
            and extended - it just contains the basic docbook fragments that I use.

            There is no xml.eaf/hkxml.eaf as XML can just about address anything and conform to any DTD.

            The syntax is real easy to guess at so you can probably start hacking immediately without
            reading anything. Notice that html.eaf uses a smart macro "html-insert-attrib" (defined in
            htmlutil.emf) to do some of the editing work and work out the insertion point. If I recall
            the eaf's are not reloaded automatically so you have to open a new ME session to test any
            chnages you have made.

            Jon.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005
              Changes to the eaf are not automatically reload due to performance.

              The best way to see your changes is to save the file, go to a buffer of
              the right type (html, sgml etc), right click on the tool's mode line,
              select the first option 'Refresh Tool' in the context menu that opens.

              Steve