[jasspa] Me-Source: Cygwin.gmk and URL-ME and Console-ME for Win9x

  • Detlef Groth
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 1999
      Hello,

      the Makefile-file for the Cygwin-environment under Win9x is not the right one, it is a Linux-Cygwin-file mixture.

      Any correct cygwin.gmx here available ?

      Has anybody build the URL-Version and the Console version for ME99. My MSVC6.0 on NT was starting with the generation of the object-files but not founding the the RC-Command (no rc.exe in the bin there). What is missing in this installation of the MSVC6.0 ?

      Best regards,

      Detlef
    • Pedro Miguel Gomes
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 1999
        detlef groth <dgrot-@...> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/jasspa/?start=140
        > Hello,
        >
        > the Makefile-file for the Cygwin-environment under Win9x is not the
        right one, it is a Linux-Cygwin-file mixture.
        > Has anybody build the URL-Version and the Console version for ME99.
        My MSVC6.0 on NT was starting with the generation of the object-files
        but not founding the the RC-Command (no rc.exe in the bin there). What
        is missing in this installation of the MSVC6.0 ?

        I've built all the versions and all went well. I run Windows NT 4.0
        witb Visual C++ 6.0. Check your environment vars.

        Pedro Gomes
      • Detlef Groth
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 1999
          Hello,

          >> the Makefile-file for the Cygwin-environment under Win9x is not the
          >right one, it is a Linux-Cygwin-file mixture.

          Has anybody the correct cygwin.gmk ?

          >> Has anybody build the URL-Version and the Console version for ME99.
          >My MSVC6.0 on NT was starting with the generation of the object-files
          >but not founding the the RC-Command (no rc.exe in the bin there). What
          >is missing in this installation of the MSVC6.0 ?
          >>
          >I've built all the versions and all went well. I run Windows NT 4.0
          >witb Visual C++ 6.0. Check your environment vars.
          >Pedro Gomes

          I moved the rc.exe with its dll in the path and it was working.
          I could build all versions. However the URL-version seems to have some problems with links like <a href= " index.html " ... containing spaces.

          I was further surprized that the mec32.exe (Console) was loading also with menus. I could not observe a different behavior to the me32.exe. Should I did something wrong ?

          best regards,
          Detlef
        • Steven Phillips,,,
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 8, 1999
            > Has anybody the correct cygwin.gmk ?

            The cygwin make file is for version 20.1, it does compile okay on my system,
            however it does not work. For some reason ME does not receive any key board
            input and it must be kill. So officially we be not support cygwin as a
            building platform, I included the makefile just to give anyone who did fancy
            getting it going a head start. I will correct the header comment which is
            clearly wrong.

            > I could build all versions. However the URL-version seems to have some
            > problems with links like <a href= " index.html " ... containing spaces.

            Is " index.html " legal?? Are spaces at the start and end of a href
            automatically stripped??

            > I was further surprized that the mec32.exe (Console) was loading also with
            > menus. I could not observe a different behavior to the me32.exe. Should I did
            > something wrong ?

            There should be no difference unless you use the -n command-line option, i.e.

            mec32 -n

            Steve
          • dgroth@gmx.de
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 28, 1999
              Hello, hope all of you had a nice christmas...
              The cygwin-compiled me32.exe would be goud for boxing day however...
              > > Has anybody the correct cygwin.gmk ?
              >
              > The cygwin make file is for version 20.1, it does compile okay on my system,
              > however it does not work. For some reason ME does not receive any key board
              > input and it must be kill. So officially we be not support cygwin as a
              > building platform, I included the makefile just to give anyone who did fancy
              > getting it going a head start. I will correct the header comment which is
              > clearly wrong.

              With the djgpp-package I could compile the dos-version without any
              problems but with the cygwin-gcc compiler I observed the same strange
              behaviour were no keyboard input was accepted. However if invoking me from
              the bash-window you get a working console which however can't handle the
              me-macros, but hardcoded shortcuts are working... Do you
              were using version version 2.95.1 or the new version 2.95.2 of the
              gcc-libary ? Furthermore trying to invoke the Win-Libary functions:
              with "gcc -mwindows" and
              "LIBS = -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32
              -ltermcap"
              fails.

              I also were using the promising free lccw32-compiler but I was not
              successfull. However my C knowledge is very basic so me be more
              experienced users can get it working. (see:
              http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32 )
              > > I was further surprized that the mec32.exe (Console) was loading also
              with
              > > menus. I could not observe a different behavior to the me32.exe.
              Should I did
              > > something wrong ?
              > There should be no difference unless you use the -n command-line option, i.e.
              >
              > mec32 -n
              > Steve

              with "mec32 -n" it was working. I use the console for batch processing of
              several files (ie. converting german umlauts to latex-conform commands
              prior compiling my latex-document)

              Best regards, Detlef

              Follows the modified makefile for the Cygwin-bash-ME.
              <snip>
              # -!- makefile -!-
              #
              # MicroEmacs Jasspa Distribution 1999.
              #
              # System : MicroEmacs
              # Description : Make file for Cygwin B20.1 bash-console ME
              # Created : Monday, 27 December 1999
              #
              # Last Modified : <27/12/99 23:04:07>
              #
              # Notes
              # Run "make -f cygwin.gmk" for optimised build produces ./me
              # Run "make -f cygwin.gmk med" for debug build produces ./med
              #
              # Run "make -f cygwin.gmk clean" to clean source directory
              # Run "make -f cygwin.gmk spotless" to clean source directory even more
              #
              # History
              #
              #
              # Installation Directory
              INSTDIR = c:\emacs
              INSTPROGFLAGS =
              #
              # Local Definitions
              RM = rm -f
              CC = gcc
              LD = $(CC)
              STRIP = strip
              CDEBUG = -g -Wall
              COPTIMISE = -O3 -DNDEBUG=1 -Wall
              CDEFS = -D_JASSPA_ME -D_CYGWIN -D_UNIX -I.
              LIBS = -ltermcap
              LDFLAGS =
              INSTALL = install
              #
              # Rules
              .SUFFIXES: .c .o .od

              .c.o:
              $(CC) $(COPTIMISE) $(CDEFS) -c $<

              .c.od:
              $(CC) $(CDEBUG) $(CDEFS) -o $@ -c $<
              #
              # Source files
              STDHDR = ebind.h edef.h eextrn.h efunc.h emain.h emode.h eprint.h \
              esearch.h eskeys.h estruct.h eterm.h evar.h evers.h \
              ebind.def efunc.def eprint.def evar.def efont.def emode.def eskeys.def
              STDSRC = abbrev.c basic.c bind.c buffer.c crypt.c dirlist.c display.c \
              eval.c exec.c file.c fileio.c hilight.c history.c input.c \
              isearch.c key.c line.c macro.c main.c narrow.c next.c osd.c \
              print.c random.c regex.c region.c registry.c search.c spawn.c \
              spell.c tag.c termio.c time.c undo.c window.c word.c

              PLTHDR =
              PLTSRC = unixterm.c
              #
              # Object files
              STDOBJ = $(STDSRC:.c=.o)
              PLTOBJ = $(PLTSRC:.c=.o)
              OBJ = $(STDOBJ) $(PLTOBJ)

              DSTDOBJ = $(STDSRC:.c=.od)
              DPLTOBJ = $(PLTSRC:.c=.od)
              DOBJ = $(DSTDOBJ) $(DPLTOBJ)
              #
              # Targets
              all: me

              install: me
              $(INSTALL) $(INSTPROGFLAGS) me $(INSTDIR)
              @echo "install done"

              clean:
              $(RM) me *.o *.od core

              spotless: clean