[jasspa] Helper tools for downloading

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3 9:17 AM
      Just to let people know as an FYI, there are some helper utilities that I find helpful, I successfully grabbed and installed the latest ME files. Probably, everything's been fixed up by now and anybody can do it :-)

      I used 'GetRight' to download stuff from the Geocities page to NT4. (It lurks and is activated by Netscape when it tries to download something.) Didn't do anything special, just clicked on the files, and away it went.

      I used 'CuteFTP' to move the Unix binary and macros to the Solaris box here. Again, nothing special going on. I did tell it that .emf files are text for when I do updates (but did not use that this time around -- I uploaded the entire .tar.gz collection as such).

      Everything was readable (pkunzip, gunzip, tar) and runs. (I've only been using it for five minutes, but after I plopped my thundt.emf and .erf and my*.emf into the macros directory, it all runs just like before.)

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3 9:24 AM
        [Detlef Groth 10:00 AM 11/23/99 +0100]
        |The new version is really nice, thanks to Steven for
        |the help-menu with contents, index and search tabs. I
        |t is really great.

        All right!!! A help index!!! Woo-hoo!!! :-)

        This is a major plus.

        Things to add: I would expect PgUp/PgDn to scroll the text within the tabs. (We can already move the box using Alt-arrows; how about making PgUp/PgDn available?) Also there is no scrollbar, so it cannot be scrolled using the mouse. (Or have I got something configured wrongly?)