Compile problemn Jasspa Microemacs 20050505

  • Meino Christian Cramer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 21, 2005
      Hi,

      I got some strange problems while trying to compile ne of the newest
      Jasspa Microemacs distribution.

      For compiling I do:

      make -f linux26.gmk ne

      and got:

      (...)
      gcc -O3 -DNDEBUG=1 -Wall -Wno-uninitialized -D_LINUX -D_LINUX26 -I. -D_NANOEMACS -D_ME_CONSOLE -o spawn.on -c spawn.c
      gcc -O3 -DNDEBUG=1 -Wall -Wno-uninitialized -D_LINUX -D_LINUX26 -I. -D_NANOEMACS -D_ME_CONSOLE -o spell.on -c spell.c
      gcc -O3 -DNDEBUG=1 -Wall -Wno-uninitialized -D_LINUX -D_LINUX26 -I. -D_NANOEMACS -D_ME_CONSOLE -o tag.on -c tag.c
      gcc -O3 -DNDEBUG=1 -Wall -Wno-uninitialized -D_LINUX -D_LINUX26 -I. -D_NANOEMACS -D_ME_CONSOLE -o termio.on -c termio.c
      termio.c: In function `TTallKeysFlush':
      termio.c:970: error: `SKEY_mouse_move' undeclared (first use in this function)
      termio.c:970: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
      termio.c:970: error: for each function it appears in.)
      termio.c:970: error: `SKEY_mouse_move_5' undeclared (first use in this function)
      make: *** [termio.on] Error 1

      What did I wrong here ?

      This works "for years" :) before....

      Thank you very much for any help or hint in advance !

      Have a nice weekend!
      Meino
      Message 2 of 3 , May 22, 2005
        Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I got some strange problems while trying to compile ne of the newest
        > Jasspa Microemacs distribution.

        Hi Meino,

        Yes we made a BIG mistake here for which we must apologise, an 11th hour fix on Windows to
        handle the message queue pump which pushes a huge number of mouse move events on the queue
        which messed up the undo from the main menu. UNIX ME was re-built and NE was not supposed to
        be affected (and was not built). The build is failing because the fix TTallKeysFlush()
        should not be included in the NE build.

        I should know from experience that we should never change anything at such a late hour, and
        we went and did because it was felt that this problem was critical, so we pay the price. A
        bit of a shame, the relase has taken some 4 weeks to prepare after quite a few cycles -
        looks like we should have done one more cycle.

        There is a new source bundle on the site to fix this problem.

        I can only apologise.
        Jon.
      • Meino Christian Cramer
        Message 3 of 3 , May 22, 2005
          From: Jon Green <jon@...>
          Subject: Re: [jasspa] Compile problemn Jasspa Microemacs 20050505
          Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 18:15:03 +0100

          Hi Jon !

          Thank you very much for the fix!!! :)
          I will download the source just I have sent this email...

          AND:
          NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE FOR ANYTHING!!! !!! !!! :O)

          Have a nice week! And of course Thank you very much for Microemacs!