Re: [jasspa] Re-mapping keys

    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2005
      smithno999 wrote:
      > I want to map keys on the keypad to make it easier to get non-emacs
      > folks to use MicroEmacs to edit files in an application that I
      > maintain. I dug through the doc and found the keypad names, then
      > using the describe-key command verified key names. My problem is
      > that only the cursor movement keys return their keypad names. For
      > example, the 0 (INS) key return "kp-insert". The
      > /,*,-,+,Enter keys all return their characters. My problem is I
      > really need for the /,*,-,+,Enter keys to return their kp-equivalent
      > names to be able to map the keypad identically to the other
      > editor commonly in use.
      >
      > My real question is: Is there a setting I've missed that will turn
      > on the missing kp-keys or am I out of luck?

      Out of luck on the standard release.

      They all used to be mapped as specials as there are some remains of that key processing in
      the winterm.c code. Cannot remember why it was removed or if it was ever fully supported
      cross platform.

      Maybe we should reconsider these bindings.
      Will look at what is involved in enabling this.
      Jon.