Re: [jasspa] Re: PHP validation/tags

  • first last
    Message 1 of 6 , May 19, 2005
      Thanks, that works great. Now... how can I run it on saving a php file?

      Also, has the ^C^D shortcut (change dir) been removed? Doesn't seem to
      work here (linux, latest ME version)

      --- smithno999 <smithno@...> wrote:
      ---------------------------------
      A quick work around until you can get the syntax check on save working
      is to set up the syntax check as a tool. It's pretty straight forward
      to do and is already built in. I did that to parse SGML documents
      with NSGMLS.

      Norm

      --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, first last <prelude_2_murder@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > after using Eclipse for a while, there's a couple of things that I
      > would like to implement in ME (well, quite a few, apart from the
      > slowness).
      >
      > -Syntax check on save. Initially I plan to use php -l (lint), which
      > gives you an error message and the line where it fails (just one).
      My
      > intention is to have a small bottom window open with the error code
      (if
      > any) and then have it highlight the line in red (the highlight
      should
      > dissapear as soon as the line changes). On the long term I plan to
      > find/write a decent parser to check the full syntax and issue
      warnings
      > apart from errors.

      modify your account settings manually.

      Message 2 of 6 , May 19, 2005
        > Subject: [jasspa] Re: PHP validation/tags
        > From: first last <prelude_2_murder@...>
        > Date: Thursday, May 19, 2005, 3:22:03 PM
        > To: jasspa@yahoogroups.com

        > Thanks, that works great. Now... how can I run it on saving a php file?

        I would create a new php-save-buffer function which called save-buffer first
        and then your processing stuff and then in your my-fhook-php (which should be
        in the file myphp.emf) use buffer-bind-key to bind your new php-save-buffer to
        C-x C-s (or which ever binding you use. i.e.

        ---- myphp.emf -----
        define-macro php-save-buffer
        save-buffer @mna

        define-macro my-fhook-php
        buffer-bind-key php-save-buffer "C-x C-s"
        !emacro
        -------------------

        > Also, has the ^C^D shortcut (change dir) been removed? Doesn't seem to
        > work here (linux, latest ME version)

        This function was removed as redundant, it's only use was to change the base
        path of commands when run from a buffer with no file name, as the path could
        not be queried I fould it too dangerous to rely on (in macros etc) so it was
        and should not and now cannot be used.

        The safer method is to simply load the directory (use C-x C-f as normal) and
        run the command from that buffer, this will have the same effect and you will
        know for sure which directory it is running from.

        Steve

        Message 3 of 6 , May 19, 2005
          first last wrote:
          > Thanks, that works great. Now... how can I run it on saving a php file?

          If you want to run something on saving then the best thing to do is rebind "C-x C-s"
          save-buffer to php-save-buffer (say) using a buffer key binding and then do what you need to
          do in "php-save-buffer" including the actual buffer save. If the check failed then I guess
          you leave the user in the buffer. See "Writing MicroEmacs Macros" on main help page towards
          the bottom for some information on writing macros.

          > Also, has the ^C^D shortcut (change dir) been removed? Doesn't seem to
          > work here (linux, latest ME version)

          Alas ^C^D has died a death due to the fact it had no real use. The buffer location
          effectivelly tracks the directory location. ^X^F to open a file you can change the directory
          and create a new file, the file is created in the given directory.
          You could bind ^C^D to file-browser i.e

          global-bind-key "C-x C-d" file-browser

          Change log says following:-

          [041210] Removed the change-directory commands, a change in directory is
          achieved by changing the "$buffer-fname" value such that the path
          defines the location of the command. All macros operated relative
          to the buffer location and never explicitly changed the directory
          location.

          Jon.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 19, 2005
            Jon Green wrote:
            > first last wrote:
            >
            >>Thanks, that works great. Now... how can I run it on saving a php file?
            >

            > If you want to run something on saving then the best thing to do is rebind "C-x C-s"
            > save-buffer to php-save-buffer (say) using a buffer key binding and then do what you need to
            > do in "php-save-buffer" including the actual buffer save. If the check failed then I guess
            > you leave the user in the buffer. See "Writing MicroEmacs Macros" on main help page towards
            > the bottom for some information on writing macros.
            >

            >>Also, has the ^C^D shortcut (change dir) been removed? Doesn't seem to
            >>work here (linux, latest ME version)
            >>

            > Alas ^C^D has died a death due to the fact it had no real use. The buffer location
            > effectivelly tracks the directory location. ^X^F to open a file you can change the directory
            > and create a new file, the file is created in the given directory.
            > You could bind ^C^D to file-browser i.e
            >
            > global-bind-key "C-x C-d" file-browser

            Opps! or rather:
            global-bind-key file-browser "C-x C-d"