PHP validation/tags

  • first last
    Message 1 of 6 , May 18, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      after using Eclipse for a while, there's a couple of things that I
      would like to implement in ME (well, quite a few, apart from the
      slowness).

      -Syntax check on save. Initially I plan to use php -l (lint), which
      gives you an error message and the line where it fails (just one). My
      intention is to have a small bottom window open with the error code (if
      any) and then have it highlight the line in red (the highlight should
      dissapear as soon as the line changes). On the long term I plan to
      find/write a decent parser to check the full syntax and issue warnings
      apart from errors.

      -Integrating completion with, either ctags or scintilla's api files
      (another editor) in a dropdown for word completion, so you get a list
      of possible completions within a "menu" AND the argument list "hint"
      (this last one is extremely useful in PHP) once you choose one.

      As I haven't done any macro development before, just syntax files, what
      macros should I start from?

      Thanks

      Gabriel

      PS. Congratulations on the release... downloading right now

    • smithno999
      Message 2 of 6 , May 19, 2005
        A quick work around until you can get the syntax check on save working
        is to set up the syntax check as a tool. It's pretty straight forward
        to do and is already built in. I did that to parse SGML documents
        with NSGMLS.

        Norm

        --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, first last <prelude_2_murder@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > after using Eclipse for a while, there's a couple of things that I
        > would like to implement in ME (well, quite a few, apart from the
        > slowness).
        >
        > -Syntax check on save. Initially I plan to use php -l (lint), which
        > gives you an error message and the line where it fails (just one).
        My
        > intention is to have a small bottom window open with the error code
        (if
        > any) and then have it highlight the line in red (the highlight
        should
        > dissapear as soon as the line changes). On the long term I plan to
        > find/write a decent parser to check the full syntax and issue
        warnings
        > apart from errors.

      • first last
        Message 3 of 6 , May 19, 2005
          Thanks, that works great. Now... how can I run it on saving a php file?

          Also, has the ^C^D shortcut (change dir) been removed? Doesn't seem to
          work here (linux, latest ME version)

          ---------------------------------

          wrote:
          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > after using Eclipse for a while, there's a couple of things that I
          > would like to implement in ME (well, quite a few, apart from the
          > slowness).
          >
          > -Syntax check on save. Initially I plan to use php -l (lint), which
          > gives you an error message and the line where it fails (just one).
          My
          > intention is to have a small bottom window open with the error code
          (if
          > any) and then have it highlight the line in red (the highlight
          should
          > dissapear as soon as the line changes). On the long term I plan to
          > find/write a decent parser to check the full syntax and issue
          warnings
          > apart from errors.

          modify your account settings manually.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 19, 2005
            > Subject: [jasspa] Re: PHP validation/tags
            > From: first last <prelude_2_murder@...>
            > Date: Thursday, May 19, 2005, 3:22:03 PM
            > To: jasspa@yahoogroups.com

            > Thanks, that works great. Now... how can I run it on saving a php file?

            I would create a new php-save-buffer function which called save-buffer first
            and then your processing stuff and then in your my-fhook-php (which should be
            in the file myphp.emf) use buffer-bind-key to bind your new php-save-buffer to
            C-x C-s (or which ever binding you use. i.e.

            ---- myphp.emf -----
            define-macro php-save-buffer
            save-buffer @mna

            define-macro my-fhook-php
            buffer-bind-key php-save-buffer "C-x C-s"
            !emacro
            -------------------

            > Also, has the ^C^D shortcut (change dir) been removed? Doesn't seem to
            > work here (linux, latest ME version)

            This function was removed as redundant, it's only use was to change the base
            path of commands when run from a buffer with no file name, as the path could
            not be queried I fould it too dangerous to rely on (in macros etc) so it was
            and should not and now cannot be used.

            The safer method is to simply load the directory (use C-x C-f as normal) and
            run the command from that buffer, this will have the same effect and you will
            know for sure which directory it is running from.

            Steve

            Message 5 of 6 , May 19, 2005
              first last wrote:
              > Thanks, that works great. Now... how can I run it on saving a php file?

              If you want to run something on saving then the best thing to do is rebind "C-x C-s"
              save-buffer to php-save-buffer (say) using a buffer key binding and then do what you need to
              do in "php-save-buffer" including the actual buffer save. If the check failed then I guess
              you leave the user in the buffer. See "Writing MicroEmacs Macros" on main help page towards
              the bottom for some information on writing macros.

              > Also, has the ^C^D shortcut (change dir) been removed? Doesn't seem to
              > work here (linux, latest ME version)

              Alas ^C^D has died a death due to the fact it had no real use. The buffer location
              effectivelly tracks the directory location. ^X^F to open a file you can change the directory
              and create a new file, the file is created in the given directory.
              You could bind ^C^D to file-browser i.e

              global-bind-key "C-x C-d" file-browser

              Change log says following:-

              [041210] Removed the change-directory commands, a change in directory is
              achieved by changing the "$buffer-fname" value such that the path
              defines the location of the command. All macros operated relative
              to the buffer location and never explicitly changed the directory
              location.

              Jon.

              Message 6 of 6 , May 19, 2005
                Jon Green wrote:
                > first last wrote:
                >
                >>Thanks, that works great. Now... how can I run it on saving a php file?
                >

                > If you want to run something on saving then the best thing to do is rebind "C-x C-s"
                > save-buffer to php-save-buffer (say) using a buffer key binding and then do what you need to
                > do in "php-save-buffer" including the actual buffer save. If the check failed then I guess
                > you leave the user in the buffer. See "Writing MicroEmacs Macros" on main help page towards
                > the bottom for some information on writing macros.
                >

                >>Also, has the ^C^D shortcut (change dir) been removed? Doesn't seem to
                >>work here (linux, latest ME version)
                >>

                > Alas ^C^D has died a death due to the fact it had no real use. The buffer location
                > effectivelly tracks the directory location. ^X^F to open a file you can change the directory
                > and create a new file, the file is created in the given directory.
                > You could bind ^C^D to file-browser i.e
                >
                > global-bind-key "C-x C-d" file-browser

                Opps! or rather:
                global-bind-key file-browser "C-x C-d"