Re: [jasspa] 2005 RC2 Tcl comment syntax highlighting

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2005
      Schofield, Bryan (GE Trans) wrote:
      > In hktcl.emf hilight .hilight.tcl 2 ";#" .scheme.comment should be hilight .hilight.tcl 0
      > ";\\{\\s*#.*" .scheme.comment
      >
      > to allow spaces between the ";" and the comment character and to not colorize the ";"
      >
      > Oddly, the regexp ";\\s*\\{#.*" does not always behave as expected. I noticed the
      > following:
      >
      > ; #comment <-- colored -->
      >

      > ;#comment <-- colored -->
      >
      > If there are no spaces between the semicolon and the hash, the hash is not colorized.
      > It's almost as if the color is applied 1 character after the ";"

      Hi Bryan

      I think you are right with the above. Although I cannot reproduce the bug that you mention
      above in being able to reproduce the regex color. I would suggest changes to the template as
      shown below.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2005
        Bryan,

        The hilighter in ME is a balance between syntactical correctness and
        performance and as ME hilights on the fly performance often wins. This is a
        good example of this, the '\{' hilight start marker must be
        at a fixed point from the start of the token, i.e. "A\{ *B" is okay, "A *\{B"
        is not. Jon's suggested fix is a good one.

        Steve