2005 RC2 indentation rules

  • Schofield, Bryan (GE Trans)
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2005
      Is there a way I can tell which indentation rules are setting a particular line's indent? I'm having some bad indentation in C++ and in Tcl. I've tried to write new "indent" entries to fix the problem, but have been unsuccessful.

      In C++,

      foo::foo(int x, int y)
      : myX(x),
      myY(y)
      {
      // do stuff
      }

      indents to

      foo::foo(int x, int y)
      : myX(x),
      myY(y)
      {
      // do stuff
      }

      In Tcl,

      proc foo {} {
      set myList \
      [list 1 \
      [list x \
      y \
      z ] \
      [list a] \
      ]
      bar
      }

      indents to

      proc foo {} {
      set myList \
      [list 1 \
      [list x \
      y \
      z ] \
      [list a] \
      ]
      bar
      }

      Oddly, if you remove the line "y \", it indents properly.

      Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

      -- bryan
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2005
        A C++ file is indented using the build in ME C style indenter (i.e. no
        'rules') and this is a known issue. The tcl problem looks like a bug
        which I will need to investigate,