Re: [jasspa] Terminal Mode with Colors

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 11, 2005
      Why don't you try the other color schemes that are already built.
      Perhaps there already is one that's close. Have you tried them all?

      You can edit them manually to your heart's content. Use the scheme
      editor under Help. Or edit your own scheme manually, which is what I
      did. They're named scheme___.emf, and the filename to real name
      mapping is in schemes.emf. Note that the program will reduce the colors
      in these scheme files to the ansi colors used by xterm. So, while with
      a GUI you could get many shades of red, on the xterm there will be red
      and bright red (if you're lucky).

      -Th

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 11, 2005
        Thomas Hundt wrote:
        > Why don't you try the other color schemes that are already built. Perhaps there already
        > is one that's close. Have you tried them all?
        >
        > You can edit them manually to your heart's content. Use the scheme editor under Help.
        > Or edit your own scheme manually, which is what I did. They're named scheme___.emf, and
        > the filename to real name mapping is in schemes.emf. Note that the program will reduce
        > the colors in these scheme files to the ansi colors used by xterm. So, while with a GUI
        > you could get many shades of red, on the xterm there will be red and bright red (if
        > you're lucky).
        >
        > -Th
        >

        >> I'd prefer to look at a medium-dark gray (gray35) background with white text, which is
        >> what my xterm is. At the same time, I'd like to have syntax highlighting too.

        This also leads into another request we had some time ago for buffer type backgrounds. I did
        start looking at that and it was possible - I just never managed to finish it (still on my
        list - still have some prototype code somewhere). I also figured that the scheme editor
        could be made easier if you were only changing the foreground colours for each type construct.

        I guess it is time to ressurect this as well and complete it.

        Jon.
      • Schofield, Bryan (GE Trans)
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 11, 2005
          Unfortunately gray doesn't map well on to a console. It's either black or white. Black will do just fine. I just thought I'd ask just in case I overlooked something.

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 11, 2005
            Well there IS a scheme called "black on grey". I think grey is
            implemented as "non-highlighted white" and white is "highlighted white".
            (ANSI colors.) The actual colors depend on what your xterm uses.
            (E.g., I use a thing called Putty; I can make the colors whatever I
            want. Still only limited to like 16 of them, though -- the "ansi
            colors" -- 8 colors and 8 bolded/highlighted versions thereof.)

            -Th