[jasspa] ANNOUNCE JASSPA's MicroEmacs '99 (2nd Release)

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 1999
      The following was announced on the comp.emacs and comp.editors
      mail reflector today.

      ANNOUNCE JASSPA's MicroEmacs '99 (2nd Release)

      The 2nd full release of JASSPA's MicroEmacs has now been
      posted to our home sites. Find it at:-

      http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Thinktank/7109/index.html
      http://members.xoom.com/jasspa/index.html

      The base source release and a number of pre-compiled
      binaries are available. Install Shield for the Windows
      environment will be posted in the next few days.

      Supported platforms include the following:-

      DOS (djgpp 1/2)
      FreeBSD
      HPUX 9.x/10.x
      IBM AIX
      Linux
      Silicon Graphics IRIX 5.x/6.x
      Sun Solaris 2.6 (Intel)
      Sun Solaris 5.5/5.6
      Unixware
      Windows '95/'98/NT
      Windows 3.11

      Help and information may be obtained from the E-Mail
      group at:-

      http://www.egroups.com/list/jasspa/

      You can subscribe to the mailing lists by sending a
      blank message to:-

      jasspa-subscribe@egroups.com

      Any other problems then mail:-

      jasspa@...

      What is it ??

      * A much enhanced version of the Danial Lawrence's
      original MicroEmacs 3.8 of 1988.
      * An Emacs editor biased towards UNIX users, working
      across platforms by providing a consistent interface
      under UNIX,
      * Fully featured editor, retaining the lightness of the
      original MicroEmacs 3.8 with much enhanced capability.
      * Small memory and disk footprint.
      * Macro language extensions (not Lisp).

      Whats New ??

      * Tidy up of the existing release (9/98) bug fixes etc.
      * Improved hilighting and window control
      * Improved language support
      * New color schemes
      * New file templates
      * New RegExp search engine

      Feature Set ??

      Brief feature set includes the following:-

      * Syntax color hilighting.
      * Automatic indentation modes
      * Extensive help
      * Extensible macro language
      * Integrated speller.
      * Abbreviation and command completion.
      * Automatic backups and auto save.
      * Window manager support X/Microsoft.
      * Termcap support (UNIX)
      * Command shell buffers on UNIX and Windows (cygwin).
      * Compile/make/info/man etc. from editor context.
    • Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 1999
        I can't unzip medos_99.zip and can't gzip -d mehpux10_99.gz

        Arne

      • Steven Phillips,,,
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 1999
          Not the best of starts! I failed to up-load medos_99.zip, thanks for spotting
          that, I will try to up-load this tonight.

          I've not had any problems with mehpux10_99.gz, is it possible that your
          browser has automatically gunzip'd it?? My netscape annoyingly has, what is
          more annoying is that I don't appear to be able to switch this unwanted
          'feature' off (why does everyone think that copying MicroSoft is a good
          idea??). Try using the file command to find out what its done to it, i.e.

          file mehpux10_99.gz

          Steve

        • bill@jasspa.freeserve.co.uk
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 1999
            > I can't unzip medos_99.zip and can't gzip -d mehpux10_99.gz

            I've up-loaded the dos version and I think the sunos problem is fixed.