Re: [jasspa] me on HP-UX

  • Rick Owen
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 21, 2005
      Hi Jon,

      Ah... back to normal. Colors look great - syntax highlighting makes life good again. Thanks for
      your help and for a nice development tool.

      Rick.
      --- Jon Green <jnaught@...> wrote:

      > Rick Owen wrote:
      > > Jon, thanks for the quick reply. I did as you suggested and now have me working correctly.
      > The
      > > one last piece one which I need help is getting syntax coloring going. I have edit me.emf and
      > > commented out the line
      > >
      > > ;add-file-hook ".sql" fhook-sql
      >

      > > and modfied the .pls line to be:
      > >
      > > add-file-hook ".pls .sql" fhook-pls
      >

      > OK, best not to edit "me.emf". Better to do this in your rlo.emf
      > i.e.
      >
      > add-file-hook ".pls .sql" fhook-pls
      >
      > Because your rlo.emf is executed after me.emf then the correct hooks
      > will be applied as you want them.
      >

      > > but I can't remember what I need to do to get syntax coloring going. I apologize for asking
      > > rather than reading the help, etc. but have no more time for reading the manual right now.
      > I've
      > > got a ton of work to do. My telnet software is configured as VT220 with ANSI color enabled.
      >
      > No problem:-
      >
      > M-x user-setup (or esc-x user-setup)
      >
      > TAB until on "start-up" tab
      >
      > Cursor Left to "platform" tab
      >
      > Then TAB through the fields or use the hot keys
      > to "Termcap color" - enable this field.
      >
      > You may want to change your color scheme
      > to "Termcap (black)"
      >
      > TAB to "Current" at bottom - this will change to current settings.
      > when you are happy with it then "Save" which will save the settings.
      >

      > > Also, I am using telnet software to connect to my host and I can't recall what key sequence I
      > use
      > > to activate the menu.
      >
      > Use "M-x user-setup" I cannot recall the key sequence either !
      >
      > Jon.

      =====
      "I can never look upon the stars without wondering that the whole world does not become astronomers; and that men, endowed with sense and reason, should neglect a science that must convince them of their immortality." (Thomas Wright)
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 21, 2005
        Rick Owen wrote:
        > Jon, thanks for the quick reply. I did as you suggested and now have me working correctly.

        Thanks for your comments Rick.

        I've added some install instructions on the JASSPA site with respect to the installation for
        each of the distributions. I will also review the install notes which I will back up with
        some examples.

        Jon.
      • Rick Owen
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 21, 2005
          Jon,

          That will be really helpful. I edit lots of files on HP-UX, but my workstation is a Windows XP
          machine, so other than grep, awk, perl, and a few other *nix commands I really don't do much
          interaction with the OS. Help and examples will be great because I suspect there are others users
          much like me.

          Rick.

          =====