RE: [jasspa] MicroEmacs 2005 -RC1. Not working under windows NT 4.0.

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 21 2:44 AM
      Important enough - I'm changing ME to dynamically load this function at
      runtime; this means that the same ME binary will run on all win32 boxes
      and on NT v4 the loading of the Snapshot function will fail so it can't
      do the proc tree kill but that's all.

      I think I will do the same for the socket functions (URL support) which
      means that the -u build option will not be required, ME will be able to
      determine whether the machine has URL support at runtime - much better!

      This should be in for RC2,

      Steve

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23 4:53 PM
        Pierre Gaston wrote:
        > me fails when starting on windows NT 4.0 --> CreateToolhelp32Snapshot()
        > can not be located.

        The Windows package on http://www.jasspa.com has been patched with a fix for the load
        problems under NT4.0. The same new image also includes URL support by default, the separate
        'meuw' files are now no longer required. The "ne" images were unaffected by these problems.