Re: [jasspa] Font on X

  • Salman Khilji
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 6, 2005
      Okay...so I finally confirmed that Linux cannot handle
      TTF fonts from the proggy site (Yes, I know its
      Xorg---not Linux---that cannot handle them).

      I basically modified the .spec file from msttcorefonts
      and built myself an RPM using the EXACT same procedure
      as the msttcorefonts people d---they call chkfontpath
      and fc-cache at appropriate times. The resulting RPM
      installs and registers the fonts, but xfontsel kinda
      'freezes' and cannot display the font.

      I am talking about the Crisp.ttf font. Not sure which
      list I should report this bug to---probably somewhere
      on x.org

      Salman

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Salman Khilji
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 6, 2005
        Never mind. In XFontSel, one must remember to select
        iso8859 in the "registry" field for these fonts. If
        left to '*', it causes problems.

        After all this trouble, I finally concluded that
        misc-fixed at 14 points on a 1280x1024 was more
        legible than the proggy font (or atleast thats what I
        prefer). The Crisp font was good as well, but a
        little too big to display all 80 columns when the
        viewed in a vertically split maximized ME window.

        Salman

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo