[jasspa] A-C-* and Buffer-popup

  • Detlef Groth
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 1999
      Hello John,

      At 08:26 14.07.1999 +0000, you wrote:
      >Detlef,
      >
      > There is no "prefix5" which is why it is not working. I have prototyped
      > additional prefixes which appears to work with mininal changes - so this
      > should be possible soon.
      >
      > You could try the "A-C" bindings as follows:-
      >
      >global-bind-key "yank" "A-C-v"
      >global-bind-key "kill-region" "A-C-x"
      >global-bind-key "copy-region" "A-C-c"
      >
      > These keystokes might be a little more fluid than "C-1" as the
      > Ctrl-Alt keys are very close together (or use "Alt-Gr"). Could
      > give this a go ???

      This was really a good idea, I did for Win-dummies like me the following...
      ;-------------start user.emf---------------------
      global-bind-key "yank" "A-C-v"
      global-bind-key "reyank" "A-C-y"
      global-bind-key "kill-region" "A-C-x"
      global-bind-key "copy-region" "A-C-c"
      global-bind-key "undo" "A-C-z"
      global-bind-key "save-buffer" "A-C-s"
      global-bind-key "osd-file-open" "A-C-o"
      global-bind-key "osd-1-new" "A-C-n"

      ; and this is for everbody...

      define-macro Buffer-osd
      20 osd n 1 a "1"
      !emacro

      global-bind-key "Buffer-osd" "A-C-b"
      global-bind-key "Buffer-osd" "C-mouse-drop-3"
      ;--------------- end user.emf-------------------

      However ME shows me an error message ad line
      global-bind-key "osd-file-open" "A-C-o"

      I open the emf-file and can execute the buffer without any error and it is working ! What happens ?

      The macro Buffer-osd is great, it allows very fast moving between the buffers simple by Ctrl-right mouse-click.... no disturbing new window...I never miss the tabs again...

      Best regards, Detlef

      any material posted to this list.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 1999
        > However ME shows me an error message ad line
        > global-bind-key "osd-file-open" "A-C-o"
        >
        > I open the emf-file and can execute the buffer without any error and it is
        > working ! What happens ?

        A macro MUST be defined before it is used, but there are 2 ways to define a
        macro. The first and main one is using define-macro which is used when you
        execute the openfile.emf macro file.

        The other way is to 'pre-define' it using define-macro-file, this tells ME
        that the macro exists and where the definition is if its needed. This is used
        to greatly improve start-up loading times and run time memory.

        The above problem is caused by none of the above 2 mechanisms being used,
        before the first use (the global-bind-key). osd-file-open is define-macro'd in
        fileopen.emf. It is define-macro-file'd in osd.emf (and other places), it is
        not defined in me.emf or any of the other files executed at start-up. So add
        the following line to your emf file just before you first use it:

        define-macro-file fileopen osd-file-open osd-get-file

        Regards,

        any material posted to this list.