Feature req: Wrap long lines (for display; not fill)

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2004
      A GNU Emacs feature that I'd find helpful on occasion is its ability to
      turn on line wrapping for very long lines...
      I'm running into this issue again right now, looking at some log files
      of a system I'm building.

      This is not FILLING but WRAPPING; a long line is displayed with little
      flags on the right side, and characters that don't fit on the screen are
      displayed on the next line below. This can go on for as many (screen)
      lines are necessary to hold the (file) line. The file line is still
      just one physical line, though.

      -Tom Hundt