XDND bug

  • Salman Khilji
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2004
      drag and drop works from Nautilus, but not in the
      following case (Using GNOME 2.6 on Fedora Core 2):

      1) Select the "Search for File or Folders" utility
      from the "Start" menu (shall I call it the Hat menu?
      Foot menu? whatever!)

      2) Look for some file that you know exists---in my
      case it was a .h file.

      3) When the results are found, in the Search Results:
      area, drag'n drop it to the ME window. Trying to do
      the same with gEdit work okay.

      ME will not open the file. Looks like ME currently
      works only with Nautilus, but not from the "Search for
      Files" utility.

      Salman

      Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
      www.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2004
        Salman Khilji wrote:
        > drag and drop works from Nautilus, but not in the
        > following case (Using GNOME 2.6 on Fedora Core 2):
        >
        > 1) Select the "Search for File or Folders" utility
        > from the "Start" menu (shall I call it the Hat menu?
        > Foot menu? whatever!)
        >
        > 2) Look for some file that you know exists---in my
        > case it was a .h file.
        >
        > 3) When the results are found, in the Search Results:
        > area, drag'n drop it to the ME window. Trying to do
        > the same with gEdit work okay.
        >
        > ME will not open the file. Looks like ME currently
        > works only with Nautilus, but not from the "Search for
        > Files" utility.
        >
        > Salman

        Hi Salman,

        Thanks for reporting this. Here is the fix.
        Line numbers may not be exact because this is
        from the working master version of the code
        which has progressed (alot) from the last
        posted version.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2004
          Jon Green wrote:
          > Salman Khilji wrote:
          >
          >>drag and drop works from Nautilus, but not in the
          >>following case (Using GNOME 2.6 on Fedora Core 2):
          >>
          >>1) Select the "Search for File or Folders" utility
          >>from the "Start" menu (shall I call it the Hat menu?
          >>Foot menu? whatever!)
          >>
          >>2) Look for some file that you know exists---in my
          >>case it was a .h file.
          >>
          >>3) When the results are found, in the Search Results:
          >>area, drag'n drop it to the ME window. Trying to do
          >>the same with gEdit work okay.
          >>
          >>ME will not open the file. Looks like ME currently
          >>works only with Nautilus, but not from the "Search for
          >>Files" utility.
          >>
          >>Salman

          The xdnd source bundle on www.jasspa.com download
          has been updated with this fixed.