How to add something to the OSD menu?

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
      I'm trying to add a simple thing that I use all the time to one of the
      menus. Going off of examples in osd.emf and in the help for OSD, it
      looks like I could just add this line to my company file and get a nice
      new entry:

      osd 1 145 "" "Print \HRegion" f print-region ; print region

      But so far, no dice. It just comes up with "error executing line xxxx
      in yyyy" and complains. I've tried moving it to mytxt.emf but the same
      thing happens there.

      -Tom Hundt
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
        Tom,

        It's down to execution order, osd.emf is not executed until the main menu is
        opened for the first time, the company file is executed at start-up as it can
        be used to change things like key bindings etc.

        You need to create a myosd.emf and put this line in there, if it exists this
        file is executed at the end of processing osd.emf and can be used to modify
        any aspect of the main menu,

        Steve