[jasspa] Possible enhancement? Visible tabs

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 1999
      One of the things I always leave enabled on MS Word is the feature that lets me see where there is a tab character (as opposed to a bunch of spaces). Word does this by putting a graphical arrow in the space. It occurs to me that it would be possible to do this in ME by putting, for example, a differently-colored '>' sign in the (first) space left by the tab.

      Anybody think this is a good idea?

      -Th
    • Steven Phillips,,,
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 1999
        I've added this feature to the latest release, you can enable it using
        user-setup Platform page. Ideally you need to be using a (box) type Terminal
        Font, i.e. "Windows ANSI (box)".

        Also fixed the query-replace-string 'u' undo bug and lots of other things!

        We're hoping to push out THE me'99 release in the next couple of days....

        Steve

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 1999
          Once you get the new release then you can add the following
          macro to your user.emf to toggle TAB display on and off as well
          - this is my preferred method as there is no menu involved.

          ; Macro to enable the display of TAB/CR. Note that we
          ; force the screen to be updated.
          define-macro tab-display
          set-variable $system &bxor $system 0x80000
          screen-update
          !emacro
          global-bind-key "tab-display" "f11"