Re: [jasspa] CUA support

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 6, 2004
      I access Unix on a Windows PC all the time. And ME and Putty windows
      both support mouse selection (which amounts to select-and-copy). And
      then I can paste into a Windows app (including ME by middle-clicking).
      And that suits me just fine. Sometimes it doesn't work and it drives me
      nuts. (I find that I can't paste into a Unix app. I have to select
      something there, and then go copy my selection again over in the other
      window. Then it works again.) So I would hate having to worry about
      TWO clipboards. I'm very happy with just the one!!

      And I REALLY like the fact that cutting (killing) in ME amounts to
      cutting to the clipboard.

      >>Ah. S-C-o is actually capital O i.e. C-O
      >>However ME does not differentiate case so these
      >>will always be bound to C-o and C-t. May be ME should
      >
      > Just a warning, C-O is not the same as S-C-o, as the first one will be
      > affected by caps lock and the second not. I highlight this because this
      > is one of the most annoying things in vi (flame :P).

      What does GNU Emacs do? To me that is the benchmark; it has many years
      and thousands of users' worth of experience behind it. (But OTOH it's
      so boated and damned complicated to customize that I was driven to move
      to ME and uemacs years ago. Even now, when it's decently runnable on
      PCs, I stubbornly refuse to learn Lisp.)

      --
      Thomas Hundt