[jasspa] Wow

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 1999
      Wow. I've just started using the new beta version... and am totally impressed. It adds a lot of functionality and fixes a whole lot of stuff.

      - Highlighting now is scheme-driven, for consistency and ease-of-maintenance. And the highlight-line functionality (right-click!) is very cool.

      - There's a whole lot of other stuff stored in the scheme that bears investigating.

      - New languages supported for spell-checking (I'll have to see how easy/hard it is to switch between them, which I'll definitely want to do).

      - Little things like Alt-Space being decouple-able (for Alt-Space n quick minimizing) and the mouse working better.

      This is great! Great job by the Jasspa team.

      Rework necessary so far:

      - Adding in my little "!force my-fhook-xxx" etc. lines into the main hkxxx.emf etc. files (so that my custom settings in myxxx.emf are run every time a .xxx associated file is opened). I know I'm going to have to look into this bhook thing; I may not be doing it "right" yet. But at least it will get me going for now.

      - Fixing the highlighting anywhere it is done (from init-hilight to the new "0 hilight" setup).

      - Use the new $scroll variable instead of the old one ($horiz-scroll or something like that). There are probably more of these kinds of things waiting to be found.

      any material posted to this list.