Another useful feature

  • Salman Khilji
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
      What I can recall from using XEmacs is that if you do
      C-s for incremental search, the default is to search
      case-insensitively. However, if one of the letters
      that you type in is capital, then it automatically
      searches in case-sensitive mode (the rationale behind
      this may be is that why would a user type something in
      caps unless there is a real need to search
      case-sensitively.

      In ME, it seems like you have to permanently setup you
      buffer differently using the menu options to either
      case-sensitve or case-insensitive.

      Salman

      http://vote.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
        I don't mind it the way it is. (And I really appreciate having the
        ability to use regexps in there [MAGIC buffer mode]. This is IMO the
        best way to debug regexp searches to be used in macros.)

        Rightclick modeline>Buffer Modes>exact

        Not sure how feasible it would be to write a macro to set/unset EXACT
        mode and then call isearch-forward. It looks like it wants to be called
        interactively.

        -Th

        --
        Thomas Hundt