RE: write-region or save-region

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2004
      This has taken me a bit longer to reply to than I'd like, but rather than just
      send the resultant working macro I thought I would spend a little longer
      writing down the process in the hope that it may encourage people to write
      macros themselves.

      Attached is a very rough first draft of a 'Creating Macros' narrative, please
      do not judge this on its artistic flair or literacy accuracy, rather on its
      technical content and ease of reading.

      I hope this will also inspire a 'indent-region' macro...

      Steve

      P.S. For those just wanting the macro, here it is:

      define-macro write-region
      copy-region
      set-variable #l0 $buffer-fname
      set-position "P"
      !force delete-buffer "*write-region-tmp*"
      find-buffer "*write-region-tmp*"
      yank
      set-variable $buffer-fname #l0
      !force set-variable #l1 @1