Re: [jasspa] XDND support

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2004
      Salman Khilji wrote:
      > Please consider this feature request. I would like to
      > be able to drag'n drop files from the Nautilus File
      > Manager and have them open in ME.
      >
      > I don't like to use the built-in file selector.
      >
      > I searched for the archives in the NEdit lists and it
      > seems like they have implemented XDND for their
      > editor. Should be able to do the same for ME without
      > making it GNOME or KDE specific as the XDND spec,
      > according to my understanding, is desktop-independent.
      >
      > Salman

      Hi Salman,

      Thanks for the suggestion. I use Sun Solaris most
      of the time and this would be useful for me too. Just had a
      look for the XDND stuf and have now downloaded the source
      files so will attempt to intgrate them to provide the
      necessary support.

      I'm a bit busy right at this moment in time, but will
      push xdnd to the top of my list for ME things when
      time permits. I'll drop you a line directly once
      I've prototyped a solution and you can give it a
      beta test.