XDND support

  • Salman Khilji
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2004
      Please consider this feature request. I would like to
      be able to drag'n drop files from the Nautilus File
      Manager and have them open in ME.

      I don't like to use the built-in file selector.

      I searched for the archives in the NEdit lists and it
      seems like they have implemented XDND for their
      editor. Should be able to do the same for ME without
      making it GNOME or KDE specific as the XDND spec,
      according to my understanding, is desktop-independent.

      Salman

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 24, 2004
        Salman Khilji wrote:
        > Please consider this feature request. I would like to
        > be able to drag'n drop files from the Nautilus File
        > Manager and have them open in ME.
        >
        > I don't like to use the built-in file selector.
        >
        > I searched for the archives in the NEdit lists and it
        > seems like they have implemented XDND for their
        > editor. Should be able to do the same for ME without
        > making it GNOME or KDE specific as the XDND spec,
        > according to my understanding, is desktop-independent.
        >
        > Salman

        Hi Salman,

        Thanks for the suggestion. I use Sun Solaris most
        of the time and this would be useful for me too. Just had a
        look for the XDND stuf and have now downloaded the source
        files so will attempt to intgrate them to provide the
        necessary support.

        I'm a bit busy right at this moment in time, but will
        push xdnd to the top of my list for ME things when
        time permits. I'll drop you a line directly once
        I've prototyped a solution and you can give it a
        beta test.