Re: [jasspa] Hello the list

  • Tony Bedford
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 9, 2004
      OK Thanks Jon.

      Thanks for the information. If I make any progress with either the email
      setup or
      linking to HTML tidy, I will let the list know.

      Been happily editing away on my XSL stylesheet this morning and happy to
      report
      no slowdown! :D

      By the way I loaded a large perl program and it came up instantly, I am just
      not used to that after Jedit. :)

      I would say installation was fairly straightforward, but that ME put a
      couple of files
      in places that I wasn't expecting: me32.ini and my user.emf file. It also
      took me
      a little while to figure out that my user.emf was actually called
      tbedford.emf in
      my case :) On the whole no problems though.

      Yes I think XML validation can partly be done with Macros, or even by an
      external program. Yes, it's mainly to ensure that elements are closed off
      correctly. One nice feature that I think could be done in a macro is tag
      completion...so you type </ and then the correct tag is completed for you.
      I am using The Doctor's auto-completion macro to partially do this (By the
      way
      The Doc's line completion macro is something I've used quite a bit too).

      OK, cheers.
      Tony

      http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 9, 2004
        It sounds like some of the macros from the html hooks need to be lifted (I've
        edited plenty of html files but not many xml ones yet :) Simple building
        blocks like xml-forward-tag, xml-goto-match-tag etc should be sufficient to
        create a pretty good validator (with further tweaking required etc). The tab
        completion should also be easy and fits in with the general abbreviation
        stuff.

        In the interim would loading the xml file into netscape/iexplorer be helpful?
        If so you could either lift the function from htmlutil.emf (exec htmlutil and
        run command html-view-netscape etc) or create a user-setup -> Tools to launch
        another external program.

        Steve

      • Tony Bedford
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 10, 2004
          I was going to try to hook up to an external tool as that was the line of
          least resistance...
          If I get time to tweak macros and so on I will post them here.

          Thanks a lot for your advice.

          Tony

          http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 10, 2004
            I was suggesting that I create the macros...

            http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger