Re: [jasspa] Inconsistencies in bind-key commands for Alt/Esc

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2004
      >>(This is in ME version "04/03/01" which is 01-Mar-2004 [but to us in the
      >>USA looks like 03-Apr-2001]. Speaking of confusing inconsistencies.)
      >
      > The yy/mm/dd format is supposed to be neutral and follows the date
      > stamp used in CVS etc (also yymmdd sorts correctly - well yyyymmdd

      Yeah I know, I was mostly teasing with that one, and agree about the
      sorting and that the US is wacky, as usual. YYYY would make it a little
      more clear -- I don't think I've ever seen yyyy-dd-mm.

      BTW: The SQL standard (ISO 9075) uses 'YYYY-MM-DD' and 'YYYY-MM-DD
      HH:MM:SS'.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 26, 2004
        Note also that "A-," == "esc ," when only "esc ," is bound is a feature rather than a bug. When the user presses an A-? key (e.g. A-space) ME first looks for an explicit "A-space" key binding, if it fails to find one it will look for a "esc ?" key binding (i.e. "esc space" -> set-mark). The reverse does not happen, i.e. pressing "esc ," doesn't pick up "A-," binding if not bound.

        This feature can be disabled via the user-setup option "Alt -> Esc Prefix" on the general page.

        Steve

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 27, 2004
          Thomas Hundt wrote:
          >>>(This is in ME version "04/03/01" which is 01-Mar-2004 [but to us in the
          >>>USA looks like 03-Apr-2001]. Speaking of confusing inconsistencies.)
          >>
          >>The yy/mm/dd format is supposed to be neutral and follows the date
          >>stamp used in CVS etc (also yymmdd sorts correctly - well yyyymmdd
          >

          > Yeah I know, I was mostly teasing with that one, and agree about the
          > sorting and that the US is wacky, as usual. YYYY would make it a little
          > more clear -- I don't think I've ever seen yyyy-dd-mm.

          Yes you are right, if we used yyyy instead of yy in the version
          display it would be a little more obvious and less open for
          interpretation. Probably a worthy candidate for the 1 minute
          change !

          Jon.