Minor patch for Linux Man Pages

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 2004
      Attached a minor fix for manual page display under Linux
      patch macros/hkman.emf (problem page hosts.allow).

      Jon.
    • first last
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 24, 2004
        Hi. I have been testing SciTe again and I have found a couple of
        possible improvements for Microemacs:

        -Autocompletion (triggered by ctrl+enter or similar), where it gives
        you a list of the possible completions. These completions are taken
        from a file (language.completion or similar) where it lists all the
        possible values and they are presented as a on-screen list, like the
        one that appears when right-clicking, changes as you type. If you want
        to select you use up and down and then enter to select, enter selects
        whatever it is selected by default.

        -API "calltips". Add another file with the call convention for
        functions. As soon as you type the function name it and press "(" (or "
        (", it displays a read-only mini-window (1 line high or two if it
        doesn't fit on the screen) on the line below with the details on how to
        call the function (arguments and description). If we call it
        "$language.api" we can even use the SciTE ones.

        These two things are very helpful in all languages, but specially for
        languages like PHP that have a very inconsistent API (was it
        preg_replace or pregreplace what arguments go first, the array name or
        the element name?).

        I assume that we can fuse the two lists together in one (the api
        file?).

        The format of the SciTE php.api is 1 function per line, starting with
        the function name, the arguments in brackets and the description. EG:
        abs(mixed number) Absolute value
        acos(float arg) Arc cosine

        Just one more thing, if you think that I should stop making
        requests/suggestions like this, please let me know. I would do it
        myself but I have no idea on how ME macros work nor do I have the time
        at the moment.

        Thanks

        Gabriel

      • Salman Khilji
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 26, 2004
          Yes. I would also find this feature useful.

          While we are at it, please allow me to make another
          request: I'd like to be able to drag'n drop files
          from the GNOME Nautilus File Manager on top of the me
          window and have me automatically open the file. The
          same should also happen for the KDE folks with
          Konqueror.

          On the Windows version it happens---this is because on
          Windows there is one consistent (although pretty
          crappy) API that works with all applications. Not
          sure about how sophisticated the X11 API is, but alas,
          its not consistent among all the X applications.

          I do know that freedesktop.org has some proposal and
          implemntation regarding consistent drag'n drop stuff.

          Salman

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 26, 2004
            Maybe check out the abbrevs functionality. It's kind of in that direction.

            -Th

            --
            Thomas Hundt <tom@...> +1-415-867-6698