[jasspa] Re: NT 4.0 crashes

  • Steven Phillips,,,
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 1999
      > Subject: [jasspa] NT 4.0 crashes
      > From: "Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)" <akludszu@...>
      > Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:14:14 +0100
      > To: "'jasspa@egroups.com'" <jasspa@egroups.com>
      >
      > emacs 99 beta, NT 4.0 me32.exe
      >
      > This crash occures very often if I use search replace:
      >
      > 1. Replace from ^ to hallo than
      >
      > Dr. Watson says:
      >
      > An application error has occurred
      >
      > and an application error log is being generated.
      >
      > me32.exe
      >
      > Exception: access violation (0xc0000005), Address: 0x00430295
      >
      > OK Cancel Help

      This one has been fixed, I have emailed a source code fix so if you look in
      the jasspa egroup history you should find the fix. Alternatively wait for the
      now release which should be coming shortly.

      > 2. sometimes the emacs stops with no possibility to edit again
      >
      > except kill process if the me32.exe is running for a long time
      >
      > without user input
      >
      > the stop accures if I want to exit with the last action on
      >
      > the status line
      >
      > [No default history file]

      I think this could be a known bug, which currently has no fix. If it is then
      try making ME the current application by using the Task Bar instead of just
      click on it, this may wake it up. if it does, great cos you've got a
      work-around, if not I think you have found a new bug. Which ever can you let
      me know,