RE: [jasspa] Digging through the system files

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2004
      Meino,

      The argument <n> for define-macro-file has the same effect as the argument for define-macro. An argument of 0 is used to avoid polluting the command list with commands the user should not execute/use directly, for example, type 'esc x if tab' this completes to ifill-paragraph even through this macro uses the macros ifill-para1 & ifill-para2. Without this feature 'if tab' would only complete to 'ifill-para' and the user wondering what the other 2 commands do...

    • Meino Christian Cramer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2004
        From: "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@...>
        Subject: RE: [jasspa] Digging through the system files
        Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 02:53:49 -0400

        Hi Steve,

        thank you a lot for the info ! :)

        I thought of this but then I found "ascii-time" as well explained in
        the manual (and therefore I thought it would be visible to the user)
        as declared ("defined","set" ot whatever english word is correct.. ;)
        sorry) in the "0 define-macro-file utils.emf"-statement in me.emf,
        and therefore it would be not visible to the user.

        At this point I did no what I should believe: ;)
        The manual, the file me.emf or my own thought about the "0" in front
        of "define-macro-file".

        You see: YOur answer has helped me out of a lot confusion... :) :O) ;-) X-)

        Meino