RE: [jasspa] Help with my macro

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22, 2004
      Salman,

      If you look in me.emf you will see a long list of define-macro-file lines, these do what you are try to do. You need a line like the following:

      define-macro-file format tabs-to-spaces

      These lines are like a prototype, rather than loading all the macro files to fully define all commands (which would really slow down start-up) it creates the command as undinied with a pointer to where to get the definition.

      The alternative technique would be to simply execute the format.emf file, i.e.

      execute-file "format"

      Which will full define the macro straight away,

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 22, 2004
        salmankhilji wrote:
        > To convert tabs to spaces in batch to a collection of files, I created
        > a macro named untabify.emf and put it in $HOME/.jasspa/
        >
        > The contents of the macro are:
        >
        > define-macro start-up
        > delete-other-windows
        > !while ¬ &seq $buffer-bname "*scratch*"
        > ml-write &spr "Processing [%s]" $buffer-fname
        > tabs-to-spaces
        > save-buffer
        > delete-buffer $buffer-bname
        > !done
        > exit-emacs
        > !emacro
        >
        > This is basically a copy of the dos2unix macro that ships with ME.
        > However, this does not work. ME complains that it does not know the
        > tabs-to-spaces macro. I have to copy the macro definition into
        > untabify.emf. Is there a way to not have to copy the macro definition
        > and have ME somehow know the existence of other macros within a file
        > like untabify.emf or dos2unix.emf?
        >
        > Salman

        When you run as startup then none of the macros are known.
        You need to declare where it is - much the same as an extern in C.
        Add the following to the file:-

        define-macro-file format tabs-to-spaces

        This tells me that tabs-to-spaces may be found in the file format.emf