Re: [jasspa] MicroEmacs '04 Release

  • first last
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 30, 2004
      Thanks to everyone involved for this release,

      I have found the best thing about JASSPA/ME are the people in this
      list. I have tried other editors and, while some of them have quite a
      few more things that ME and bigger communities, this is the most
      responsive one I have found.

      The .css hook is a clear example, days before a release, someone sends
      a half-baked hook and everyone chips in fixes and suddenly the latest
      release is there with proper css support. That was impressive!

      For the next release I will learn how program macros and I want to add
      a few things (subversion support being the main one).

      Maybe we should create some kind of "bugzilla" system to add bug
      reports and feature requests and an option for people to vote on them.
      Linked to this there should be a page in the ME site where all the
      features are listed (I mean ALL). That will allow people to find out if
      the editor matches their needs (as a side effect I think that google
      will probably add it to its listing and will get more people to try
      ME).

      Anyway, enough babbling for now.

      Thanks everyone

      Gabriel

      PS. I am using the css mode all the time now :)