RE: [jasspa] Re: MicroEmacs '04 Release

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 29, 2004
      Works okay for me.

    • Dr. Detlef Groth
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 29, 2004
        Remove the colon from the URL!
        regards,
        Detlef

        --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Rick Owen <rickowen@y...> wrote:
        > Detlef,
        >
        > When I try to retrieve the FireFox zip file at:
        >
        > > http://goblet.molgen.mpg.de/medocs040301.zip:
        >

        > I get an error that the file is not found.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Rick.
        >
        > --- "Dr. Detlef Groth" <dgroth@g...> wrote:
        > > --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Steven Phillips <bill@j...> wrote:
        > > > Firstly a big thank you to Jon for getting this release get out
        > > the door. I
        > >
        > > The same does apply to you Steven. Thanx ...
        > >
        > > I updated the online Documentation to the docs of the new release:
        > > http://goblet.molgen.mpg.de/jasspa/
        > >
        > > Supported Browsers:
        > > Firefox0.7++
        > > Mozilla 1.5++
        > > IE 5.5++
        > >
        > > I fixed a bug for variables starting with a Dollar- or Dot-symbol.
        > > Those are regexpresions by itself. Furthermore for people using IE5.5
        > > onwards I made a its-file (something like a chm-file) for offline
        > > access:
        > >
        > > http://goblet.molgen.mpg.de/jasspa-mehtm-20040301.its
        > >
        > > For users of firefox0.8 onwards I make a zip-archiv for offline access
        > > http://goblet.molgen.mpg.de/medocs040301.zip:
        > > which could be viewed with a url like:
        > > jar:file:///D:/dgroth/dwl/me2004/jasspa-mehtm-2004
        > > 0301/medocs040301.zip!/index.html
        > >
        > > or online:
        > > jar:http://goblet.molgen.mpg.de/medocs040301.zip!/index.html
        > >
        > > This zip-approach should work also in Mozilla 1.6.
        > >
        > > Comments, suggestions are welcome!
        > >
        > > regards,
        > > Detlef
        > >

        > =====
      • first last
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 30, 2004
          Thanks to everyone involved for this release,

          I have found the best thing about JASSPA/ME are the people in this
          list. I have tried other editors and, while some of them have quite a
          few more things that ME and bigger communities, this is the most
          responsive one I have found.

          The .css hook is a clear example, days before a release, someone sends
          a half-baked hook and everyone chips in fixes and suddenly the latest
          release is there with proper css support. That was impressive!

          For the next release I will learn how program macros and I want to add
          a few things (subversion support being the main one).

          Maybe we should create some kind of "bugzilla" system to add bug
          reports and feature requests and an option for people to vote on them.
          Linked to this there should be a page in the ME site where all the
          features are listed (I mean ALL). That will allow people to find out if
          the editor matches their needs (as a side effect I think that google
          will probably add it to its listing and will get more people to try
          ME).

          Anyway, enough babbling for now.

          Thanks everyone

          Gabriel

          PS. I am using the css mode all the time now :)