Re: [jasspa] Gentoo ebuilds for MicroEmacs '04 Final Release?

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2004
      Bob Paddock wrote:
      > Does anyone have Genntoo ebuilds for '04 ME and NE?
      >
      > The ME ebuild in portage is masked and rather old.

      Afraid not - probably a little early as we are less
      than 24 hours into the release in the public
      domain.

      Any chance that you can put one together for us ?

      I did see the other day that somebody has already
      packaged the 1202 version so there must be some
      build rules or template around. The 04 should
      be much easier to package than the 02 because
      of "metree" and the new base directory search
      in the executable. This certainly has made
      it easier for me to package hp-ux, Linux
      redhat and Solaris.

      > Do you think there is any hope of getting Gentoo to switch to NE instead
      > of nano for the default system editor? :-)

      An excellent idea, alas I feel that this will
      not be the case.