Gentoo ebuilds for MicroEmacs '04 Final Release?

  • Bob Paddock
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2004
      Does anyone have Genntoo ebuilds for '04 ME and NE?

      The ME ebuild in portage is masked and rather old.

      Do you think there is any hope of getting Gentoo to switch to NE instead
      of nano for the default system editor? :-)

      --
                          http://www.softwaresafety.net/
             http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2004
        Bob Paddock wrote:
        > Does anyone have Genntoo ebuilds for '04 ME and NE?
        >
        > The ME ebuild in portage is masked and rather old.

        Afraid not - probably a little early as we are less
        than 24 hours into the release in the public
        domain.

        Any chance that you can put one together for us ?

        I did see the other day that somebody has already
        packaged the 1202 version so there must be some
        build rules or template around. The 04 should
        be much easier to package than the 02 because
        of "metree" and the new base directory search
        in the executable. This certainly has made
        it easier for me to package hp-ux, Linux
        redhat and Solaris.

        > Do you think there is any hope of getting Gentoo to switch to NE instead
        > of nano for the default system editor? :-)

        An excellent idea, alas I feel that this will
        not be the case.