Re: CSS mode + bug

  • Dr. Detlef Groth
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 23, 2004
      Thanx, nice macros. However I can't crash ME (latest Realease
      Candidate) on Win2000.

      I think this should go away:
      ; setup item-list
      set-variable .fhook-css.item-list-s1 "^[ \t]*sub[
      \t]+\\(\\w[1-9A-Za-z_']*\\)"
      set-variable .fhook-css.item-list-r1 "Sub \ecB\\1\ecA"

      and
      hilight .hilight.css 2 "^//" .scheme.comment

      I think this is not really a comment in css, although I sometimes use
      it also wrongly.
      http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/syndata.html#comments
      http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS1#comments

      Furthermor in should be (1):
      hilight .hilight.css 1 "in" .scheme.operator

      because it is too often in other words.

      regards,
      Detlef

      --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, first last <prelude_2_murder@y...>

      ________________________
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 23, 2004
        I think this may have fixed some of the issue, please give it a spin and let me know what I've bust!

      • first last
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 23, 2004
          Hi there,

          Thanks for the cleanup, I tend to chose the Perl macros as the base for
          everything I do (don't ask me why) and I still don't know anything
          about the ME macro system, I just add/delete as I go along.

          The duplicates come from the fact that I got the list of keywords from
          the w3c site and then run a script to extract them. As I haven't had
          much time I haven't gone through checking it.

          The modified file seems to work perfectly. I haven't tested it at work
          so I don't know if it crashes or not, will test that tomorrow.

          I enclose a stylesheet so you can see a couple of words that don't come
          up right (I don't know if I did include them or not).

          A couple of improvements would be great if someone could make them:
          -words starting with . are class names (variables?).
          -could it be possible to hightlight colour names such as "white",
          "black" and so on and html colours (#00aaff and so on) with the same
          colour? That would be a great help.

          Completely unrelated to this mode, sometimes on the PHP mode I get the
          colours or the indentation lost, but only one of them at the time. Does
          anyone else get the same error?

          Thanks to everyone involved in fixing the mode.

          Gabriel

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 23, 2004
            first last wrote:
            > Hi there,
            >
            > Thanks for the cleanup, I tend to chose the Perl macros as the base for
            > everything I do (don't ask me why) and I still don't know anything
            > about the ME macro system, I just add/delete as I go along.
            >
            > The duplicates come from the fact that I got the list of keywords from
            > the w3c site and then run a script to extract them. As I haven't had
            > much time I haven't gone through checking it.

            For future reference the best way of dealing with
            piped lists for keywords is to:

            M-x clean - to remove white space.
            select region
            M-x sort-lines - sort the lines
            select-region
            M-x uniq - delete duplicates.

            this will leave a list of unique key words that are
            alphabetically sorted.

            > The modified file seems to work perfectly. I haven't tested it at work
            > so I don't know if it crashes or not, will test that tomorrow.
            >
            > I enclose a stylesheet so you can see a couple of words that don't come
            > up right (I don't know if I did include them or not).
            >
            > A couple of improvements would be great if someone could make them:
            > -words starting with . are class names (variables?).
            > -could it be possible to hightlight colour names such as "white",
            > "black" and so on and html colours (#00aaff and so on) with the same
            > colour? That would be a great help.
            >
            > Completely unrelated to this mode, sometimes on the PHP mode I get the
            > colours or the indentation lost, but only one of them at the time. Does
            > anyone else get the same error?
            >
            > Thanks to everyone involved in fixing the mode.
            >
            > Gabriel
          • Dr. Detlef Groth
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 24, 2004
              Looks good, great the item list ...
              Only one small issue I discovered ...
              indent .hilight.css i "//"
              the wrong comment again,

              regards,
              Detlef

              --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@p...>
              wrote:
              > I think this may have fixed some of the issue, please give it a spin
              and let me know what I've bust!

              > Steve
              <snip>
            • Bruno Sabin
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 24, 2004
                Hello Gabriel,

                > Completely unrelated to this mode, sometimes on the PHP mode I get
                > the colours or the indentation lost, but only one of them at the
                > time. Does anyone else get the same error?

                there is currently a hilight lookback limited to 200 lines in this
                buffer mode. This means that you will see the PHP hilighting stops
                hilighting when the line at the top of the current window is more
                than 200. A quick workaround to this is to drop the special token
                "#?php" (without the quotes) every 199 or less lines.

                Bruno
                Bruno Sabin Parametric Technology Corp.

                Dont wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it

                mailto:bsabin@...

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 24, 2004
                  Here is an updated version, I have made the following changes:

                  Found that CSS tokens are case insensitive so made the hilight case insensitive.

                  Added class name hilighting

                  Added a few more tokens (not convinced that horizontal-alignment is valid can anyone confirm this?)

                  Removed '//' indent rule

                  The #ffffff numbers are being hilighted as constants but as this tends to be OTT most hilighting schemes set the constant hilighting scheme to be the same as the default so it is not seen. Try changing to "Sandy Shores"! Use the scheme-editor to get it as you want it.

                  There appears to be modifiers or qualifiers to some of the html tags, e.g.

                  a:hover { }
                  a:link {}
                  a:visited {}
                  a:hove {} (?? taken from first example, should this be hover?)

                  the 'a' is hilight as a 'class' (variable) the ':' is hilighted but the hover, link etc are not, should we be hilighting ':hover' ':link' etc rather than just ':'

                • first last
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 24, 2004
                    > Found that CSS tokens are case insensitive so made the hilight case
                    > insensitive.

                    Excellent. I forgot to tell you about that.

                    > Added class name hilighting

                    Great, thanks

                    > Added a few more tokens (not convinced that horizontal-alignment

                    > is valid can anyone confirm this?)

                    Again, you are right. It is not on the list of keywords or the
                    documents where I got them from. I inherited that css from someone so I
                    never bothered to check it through (just changed a few things I needed
                    to)

                    > The #ffffff numbers are being hilighted as constants but as this
                    > tends to be OTT most hilighting schemes set the constant hilighting
                    > scheme to be the same as the default so it is not seen. Try changing
                    > to "Sandy Shores"! Use the scheme-editor to get it as you want it.

                    Alright, that makes sense.

                    > There appears to be modifiers or qualifiers to some of the html tags,

                    > e.g.
                    >
                    > a:hover { }
                    > a:link {}
                    > a:visited {}
                    > a:hove {} (?? taken from first example, should this be hover?)

                    Yes it should be hover. It is shameful how many errors you have found
                    in a pretty simple file on a pretty simple language...

                    > the 'a' is hilight as a 'class' (variable) the ':' is hilighted but
                    > the hover, link etc are not, should we be hilighting ':hover' ':link'

                    > etc rather than just ':'

                    Yes, I think that would be a great idea.

                    I think that you corrected the error that made my ME crash, I haven't
                    had any more problems.

                    Thanks

                    Gabriel

                    modify your account settings manually.

                    > ATTACHMENT part 2 application/octet-stream name=hkcss.emf

                  • first last
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 26, 2004
                      Thanks for the answer Bruno. That explains all.

                      I assume that is perfectly reasonable if you are mixing html and php
                      but as I never do that, I pass through the limit quite often (and I
                      can't use that at work, my boss would tell me that I need to change
                      editor).

                      How can I increase that limit? I have searched for lookback and I can't
                      find anything related to a limit and, as I've said before, I know
                      nothing of the macro language.

                      Thanks

                      Gabriel

                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 26, 2004
                        first last wrote:

                        > Thanks for the answer Bruno. That explains all.
                        >
                        > I assume that is perfectly reasonable if you are mixing html and php
                        > but as I never do that, I pass through the limit quite often (and I
                        > can't use that at work, my boss would tell me that I need to change
                        > editor).
                        >
                        > How can I increase that limit? I have searched for lookback and I can't
                        > find anything related to a limit and, as I've said before, I know
                        > nothing of the macro language.
                        >
                        > Thanks
                        >
                        > Gabriel

                        Change the 50 to a 250 (or 400 or whatever) and see if this solves the
                        problem in the line (hkcss.emf::34):-

                        0 hilight .hilight.css 3 50 $global-scheme
                        ^^^ change.
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 26, 2004
                          The look-back limit for Hilight schemes is only 255 (meUByte), there is also quite a large cost in using the main hilighting scheme in the lookback as the main hilighting scheme has a lot of tokens so increasing beyond this is not the way forward.

                          I am currently considering using the new indent 'fast look-back scheme' concept for hilighting as well. In this approach the fast look-back scheme only defines a few tokens ('<?php' '?>' etc) and has no practical look-back line limit (although should still be set to something near reasonable) this is then used to identify whether the first line displayed is html, php, vb, lua etc. ME can then start hilighting from the top using the correct hilighting scheme, getting the right answer.

                          The building blocks for this is already there but I need to think through some practical performance issues first and its not going to be in this release - due out very very soon. I might however push out a prototype for this if there is interest.