PHP highlighting bugs

  • first last
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 18 3:26 AM
      Hi everyone. I have been using the php mode for quite a while and I
      have found some bugs. Any help on fixing them will be welcome.

      -Curly brackets in comments seem to be counted while matching, so
      sometimes it becomes really difficult to find where the things
      start/end.

      -the <? start token is not accepted (only <?php), that is easy, just
      add them two to the hkphp.emf:

      hilight .hilight.php 0x80 "<\\?" .hilight.phpscript
      .scheme.prepro
      indent .hilight.phptag t "<\\?" .indent.phpscript
      (The first one for syntax and the second one for indentation).

      -The case statement does not get properly indented, the ideal way (for
      me at least) would be to have

      switch ($a){
      case 1:
      whatever;
      case n:
      some more;
      default:
      default things;
      }

      Is that possible? I guess that the difficulty is that default doesn't
      have a case following it, just a }.

      One possible improvement that I would like to see is php highlighting
      within html strings so you can do things like value="<?= $value ?>" and
      get it highlighted.

      Anyway, I am working on a CSS hightlight mode that should be ready by
      the end of this week (I think I already said that I was working on it a
      while ago but I have been trying other editors).

      Thanks

      Gabriel

    • first last
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 19 4:06 AM
        If you have something like ==" the quote does not get read as the
        beginning of the screen and messes up everything after it.

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 22 12:31 AM
          Already caught this one, will be fixed in the main release,

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 22 1:15 AM

            The bracket matching is at a low level and not aware of php commenting, I don't think there is much we can do for this in hte short term.

            > -the <? start token is not accepted (only <?php), that is easy, just
            > add them two to the hkphp.emf:

            Fixed for main release.

            > hilight .hilight.php 0x80 "<\\?" .hilight.phpscript
            > .scheme.prepro
            > indent .hilight.phptag t "<\\?" .indent.phpscript
            > (The first one for syntax and the second one for indentation).
            >
            > -The case statement does not get properly indented, the ideal way (for
            > me at least) would be to have
            >
            > switch ($a){
            > case 1:
            > whatever;
            > case n:
            > some more;
            > default:
            > default things;
            > }
            >
            > Is that possible? I guess that the difficulty is that default doesn't
            > have a case following it, just a }.

            I have added a fix for this, its now indented as follows:

            switch ($a){
            case 1:
            whatever;
            case n:
            some more;
            default:
            default things;
            }

            Best I can do (and my prefered indentation style :)

            > One possible improvement that I would like to see is php highlighting
            > within html strings so you can do things like value="<?=
            > $value ?>" and
            > get it highlighted.

            Should be possible but I've not done this,

            Steve

            > Anyway, I am working on a CSS hightlight mode that should be ready by
            > the end of this week (I think I already said that I was
            > working on it a
            > while ago but I have been trying other editors).
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Gabriel

            > __________

          • first last
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 22 7:44 AM
              Thanks. As usual everything is fixed quickly.

              --- "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@...> wrote:
              ---------------------------------

> [...]

              Fixed for main release.

              > hilight .hilight.php 0x80 "<\\?" .hilight.phpscript
              > .scheme.prepro
              > indent .hilight.phptag t "<\\?" .indent.phpscript
              > (The first one for syntax and the second one for indentation).
              >
              > -The case statement does not get properly indented, the ideal way
              (for
              > me at least) would be to have
              >
              > switch ($a){
              > case 1:
              > whatever;
              > case n:
              > some more;
              > default:
              > default things;
              > }
              >
              > Is that possible? I guess that the difficulty is that default doesn't
              > have a case following it, just a }.

              I have added a fix for this, its now indented as follows:

              switch ($a){
              case 1:
              whatever;
              case n:
              some more;
              default:
              default things;
              }

              Best I can do (and my prefered indentation style :)

              > One possible improvement that I would like to see is php highlighting
              > within html strings so you can do things like value="<?=
              > $value ?>" and
              > get it highlighted.

              Should be possible but I've not done this,

              Steve

              > Anyway, I am working on a CSS hightlight mode that should be ready by
              > the end of this week (I think I already said that I was
              > working on it a
              > while ago but I have been trying other editors).
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Gabriel

              modify your account settings manually.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT